Cleaning up the Loogie......what a mess...

Busta Nut

The tow truck driver could'nt take my car straight to the shop cause he had another call....he had to park that truck in Point Reyes St. and pick up another truck.....while it was sitting there

....these were dropped in the car...

...a guy has parts for me...

IMG_2629.jpg

...and this wonderful gentleman left me his 2010 calendar.....I'm gonna guess that he doesn't give many of these out if he still has some from 2010 :rofl:

IMG_2630.jpg

IMG_2631.jpg

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just called the # and took all the parts the guy was offering.... :P j/k

The Wiz of Oz monkey will make it all better. Just call on him.... :P

Bummer dude, I don't have metal or body work experience either. Not sure what I'd do if I were in your shoes. I do hope you stay in a Z one way or another. Remember; Datsun for life.... ;)

You destroyed my dream car, ruined my fucking day and probably my weekend. Thanks.

I have to ask, just what in the hell happened?

I know you already posted what you say happened but I want to hear the real story. You cant just easily stroll through a corner in a car like that and wind up flipped over. Were your tires rock hard from age and overinflated? Was your woman stroking your shaft and you jerked the wheel? I think that an accident liek this needs alot more thorough of an explanation. Did you have insurance? Please god tell me you had some type of insurance!!!!

That is the real story...you can ask the people that were there....we weren't strolling along....driving a little sporty but in NO way pushing the limits of the car.

Like I said earlier...my girl doesn't go for that hard driving, drifting around turns shit, and if I want her to get into these fun runs, I have to respect her wishes.

The car has never been in better shape. Got mine earlier that a.m.....no need for the mid-day tug. I wish I had an explanation...it would put my mind at ease....I believe everything happens for a reason.

Don't know what this one is yet.

I've been driving this car for twelve years.....I've put it sideways many times....most of them on purpose....I've never felt the sensation I got Sunday....I was 95% out of the turn, didn't punch it, just held it through...when it slid...there was no correcting.

I thought the car was gonna drop back down when it tilted..that's how slow we rolled over.

Just liability......sucks......classic car insurance is expensive here.

We both walked away without a scratch.....

......life goes on....

.......to the next Datsun!! :thumbup:

I would've busted before checking my phone.....

.....that might just be me.

I would've busted before checking my phone.....

.....that might just be me.

WTF are you doing looking at your phone while getting it on

and yes Kendall is still beautiful not a scratch on her that we saw

as for tripple 240 just a little fucked up

I was driving faster than antony it was a freak accident just glad everyone is ok

That stretch of road can get wet in some of the corners, especially when it's foggy, like it was that morning. You won't nessicaraly see it because of the asphalt in that area. That is one if my favorite stretches of road. There is also a sheer clif wall there that can drop dirt on the road. Everyone else may have missed it with a slightly different line and isn't the z wider than the dimes?

That stretch of road can get wet in some of the corners, especially when it's foggy, like it was that morning. You won't nessicaraly see it because of the asphalt in that area. That is one if my favorite stretches of road. There is also a sheer clif wall there that can drop dirt on the road. Everyone else may have missed it with a slightly different line and isn't the z wider than the dimes?

the asphalt in that are is kindof checked hard to see wet road

the 240 is a heavier car and probably more tail heavy maybe that was the difference

even the chp didnt see a reason for this happening

it was foggy that morning so there was probably moisture deep in the asphalt

cars are replaceable people are not I was happy to see them both out of the car walking around safe

Well...it's replaceable....just expensive to replace...

More pics....Skyblue came by

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2660.jpg

IMG_2661.jpg

We were munching on cheesy popcorn....

IMG_2663.jpg

IMG_2667.jpg

You can see the engine off center..

IMG_2668.jpg

Antony, before you do anything drastic, please give Jimmy a call. He has over 20 years experience in major collision repair. He's reviewed the pics and says he can fix this. I know the buckled areas look bad, but the car is too clean to let it go to waste. I realize you are a bit of a distance from Livermore, but do seriously consider this offer for help and give us a call.

Antony, before you do anything drastic, please give Jimmy a call. He has over 20 years experience in major collision repair. He's reviewed the pics and says he can fix this. I know the buckled areas look bad, but the car is too clean to let it go to waste. I realize you are a bit of a distance from Livermore, but do seriously consider this offer for help and give us a call.

antony if you go this route I will transport your car for free

this is the buckle I was talking about that I firs saw when looking under the car

it is odd how the motor is sitting can you see a sideways bend in the frame? broken mounts ? buckles at the trans mount ?

IMG_2671.jpg

Hard to tell ^ (yeah does look buckled a bit) has it been patched/repaired before ? :confused:

Got it up in the air last night and started looking at things really close......it does appear to have been rewelded at some point...it had t be 10 years before I acquired it cause my buddy's uncle had this car before me. That's about 25 years ago.

I had a feeling the car had been in an accident before but never took the time to look closely......there are a lot of welds that don't look factory.

Man, Ratsun is awsome!! :thumbup:

I would love to take you up on this offer.....my issue is time and money.....I have less money than time and I don't have a lot of that either.

I will definitely call!!

antony if you go this route I will transport your car for free

this is the buckle I was talking about that I firs saw when looking under the car

it is odd how the motor is sitting can you see a sideways bend in the frame? broken mounts ? buckles at the trans mount ?

I've said it before.....you are a great person Randy!!

The engine is shifted over cause the driver's side rail is bowed in. I'll see if I can take another pic today....it's hard to tell from this one.

IMG_2593.jpg

ouch sorry to hear about the car at least you guys are ok, I was suppose to go on the run with my 510 wagon, glad I didnt go because the front suspension and brakes are not ready for twisty roads especially with the vg30, I probably could have gotten into some trouble myself.

for a minute I thought your car was the one I see at my wife's work, she is a nurse at kaiser here in antioch,ca but u mentioned that you are a mechanic by trade. there is a 240z exactly like yours except he has panasports on it, also if you are looking for another 240z I know there is a nice orange 240z close by me that the owner leaves it sitting outside but under a cover, I see it everyday and looks really , pm if youn want more info

conrad

sad day... nice z car too bad aboutthe accident, glad u guys are ok.... whats the speed limit there... that kinda damage and a low cg of the car would take a pretty good impact to bow a rail and flop it......just a sad story and end to a very nice datsun...