Cleaning up the Loogie......what a mess...

Busta Nut

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sad day... nice z car too bad aboutthe accident, glad u guys are ok.... whats the speed limit there... that kinda damage and a low cg of the car would take a pretty good impact to bow a rail and flop it......just a sad story and end to a very nice datsun...

Can't remember what the speed limit was...maybe 35?.....I might have been going about 40?.....slid sideways a bit before hitting the ditch....

....but the car had been put back together once before....maybe 25-30 years ago....this just finished it off. :crying:

MORE PICS

I havent been able to make it over there

I've been looking at it much closer....beginning to think it's a goner....I'll take more pics this Saturday....I'll be at the shop all day...

........with my BFH.

Can't remember what the speed limit was...maybe 35?.....I might have been going about 40?.....slid sideways a bit before hitting the ditch....

....but the car had been put back together once before....maybe 25-30 years ago....this just finished it off. :crying:

I've been looking at it much closer....beginning to think it's a goner....I'll take more pics this Saturday....I'll be at the shop all day...

........with my BFH.

not many signs posting speed limit except when you come into towns from what I remember

BFH= BIG FUCKING HAMMER ?

what did the body guy say about it ?

BFH= BIG FUCKING HAMMER ?

what did the body guy say about it ?

Correct sir...

He hasn't had a chance to come by yet......he runs a crazy busy shop.

time to make race car.......this is one of my favoite all time datsun colors..sad for u .. its a beautiful car...even turtled..

It is VERY sad.....I LOVE this color......if I don't end up with one this color.....I'm gonna have to paint it.

i say make racecar with semi bent but starightenable on and build another street car to match...u can get it straight enough to make a track car .....bfh the roof....do some other cosmenic stuff and have a ratsun track car thats dope as hell... use all saveable parts on new beautifully colored datsun and build another loogie...

twomore things ... not to be a dick bbut tha was one pretty z .......bummer

secondly that is one fine lady u got there if no one mentioned that before ..... and now that u shared a nde.....u are soul mates.... just watch out for izzo on her fb

i say make racecar with semi bent but starightenable on and build another street car to match...u can get it straight enough to make a track car .....bfh the roof....do some other cosmenic stuff and have a ratsun track car thats dope as hell... use all saveable parts on new beautifully colored datsun and build another loogie...

twomore things ... not to be a dick bbut tha was one pretty z .......bummer

secondly that is one fine lady u got there if no one mentioned that before ..... and now that u shared a nde.....u are soul mates.... just watch out for izzo on her fb

We'll see how the race car thing plays out.....definitely want to put all the good parts to a clean shell.

First....not being a dick.....it was a beautiful car....lots of time and money was spent....

I harassed my buddy's uncle for 4 years before he finally sold me that Z.....I love that fucking car!!!

Second, Thank you!!....She loves positive feedback....makes her want to do it again...but next time planned out....this was a spur of the moment..

.....I'm watchin' Izzo....I heard about you :rofl:

yeah me and izzo are definately the creepers of the interwebs.....trut be told i have owned two windowless vans.....as astro and a 75 shorty...neither of them netted anychicks either on the r own will or coercereced by roofies....wink....loogie will ride again

just watch out for izzo on her fb

.....I'm watchin' Izzo....I heard about you :rofl:

yeah me and izzo are definately the creepers of the interwebs.....trut be told i have owned two windowless vans.....as astro and a 75 shorty...neither of them netted anychicks either on the r own will or coercereced by roofies....wink....loogie will ride again

:sneaky:

Correct sir...

He hasn't had a chance to come by yet......he runs a crazy busy shop.

It is VERY sad.....I LOVE this color......if I don't end up with one this color.....I'm gonna have to paint it.

my shell is that color and primer

Found some real bad areas from the wreck....crumpled inside on the driver's side..

IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2747.jpg

This when I began to think this is over for this car.....repairs would cost me too much and I'm not that good at welding yet to take on something of this magnitude.

So I'm just gonna hammer shit back out

The left front is pretty mangled...took a ratcheting tie down and did my best.

Hammered out the fender also.

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_2762.jpg

Random screws in random places.

IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

it is amazing the damage done to places unseen until removal of carpet fenders etc

bummer I still have that 240 shell was originally your color all of your parts will bolt right on and it will need all your parts

sorry we couldnt make it down but our sac fun run was saturday up toward tahoe through some snow turned around cuz to much snow the spoiler is not a good snow plow would need alot of re enforcing to work that way

this sucks man! Ive been watching your build for a while, It was a really clean car. honestly imo, Id strip everything good off of it but leave it running and driving, then take it down to your local drift track and practice getting close to the wall. Oh and make sure to get lots of pics and videos when you do! :thumbup:

Went to look at a 280 today......I'm still up in the air about it.

Never really notice how different the cars are.....never had the need to shop for others I guess.

Anyway......snuck a few pics...

IMG_2795.jpg

IMG_2788.jpg

Worst rust spot I could find.....not bad....could be minor stuff hidden under the paint though....mine looked clean but was painted over rust in some areas.

IMG_2790.jpg

Too bad they didn't keep it the stock color......the floor pans were dented real bad also....like someone had jacked it up in the wrong spot

IMG_2787.jpg

IMG_2786.jpg

IMG_2789.jpg

IMG_2794.jpg

Other than that the car IS pretty straight....

I'm not familiar with the injection system and it had been sitting for years...so didn't get a chance to start it.......

What to do? What to do?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm there are alot of differences as I pointed out but the car is pretty clean over all look for rust in spare tire area floor boards rear quarters hatch deck frame in engine bay etc etc garage kept saves alot of rust issues

if it is registered as a 75 cool no smog if it was registered 76 I would pass

if you want to stay 240 the shell is still available same color as your original will need all your parts to make it beautiful and alot of your hours but shell is cheap

keep it simple ditch the fuel injection throw your carbs on and drive it

now its up to you oh yea and the 280 are about 300 lbs heavier

btw horrible floor pics with the back light

or you could save up 11500 and buy this one L28 swap with round top su carbs realy clean drives awesome has auto tranny is only negative

72 240

the guy said to the right buyer he would carry the financing

photobucket-7265-1351475403833.jpg?t=1351475406

photobucket-7917-1351475382315.jpg?t=1351475383

photobucket-13354-1351475439345.jpg?t=1351475440

photobucket-12147-1351475421618.jpg?t=1351475423

Damn!!

That thing is super clean.....11,5 though....a little out of my range.

There's one locally same color as mine for 10,2........me likey :wub: ....except for the front bumper...I prefer chrome....it's shiny!!

http://sfbay.craigsl...3368553212.html

......also out of the range. :(

Damn!!

That thing is super clean.....11,5 though....a little out of my range.

There's one locally same color as mine for 10,2........me likey :wub: ....except for the front bumper...I prefer chrome....it's shiny!!

http://sfbay.craigsl...3368553212.html

......also out of the range. :(

I saw that one and thought the same thing

out of range and needs chrome bumper

I like the air dam just hate the molded bumper

this guy brought this car over to my house to look at parts and show me his car

he is trying to sell it so I told him I would keep an eye out for him

that red one posted for 1000 might be a good option keeps you in a 240 offer 7or 800 probably be a sale