1977 620 frame conversion

i know im about to open a can of worms here but here it is.my friend has a 84 toyota long bed thats been wrecked has a good frame.what i need to know is would it be possible to mount my 620 k/c on to this frame.does anyone know how to do it or know anyone that has tried this:confused:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the datsun frame has some rust but could be fixed.im not sure on the toyota running gear but its an option. the disk brakes and the 5 lug pattern.thats the reason i was considering the swap any ideas

take datto body, place on frame and line up front wheels, make steering shaft, hook up break lines and wire truck. place bed on truck and check for rear tire alignment, if off move rear diff fwd/back. re-mount, make new driveshaft, drive truck done!!

• 1 month later...

"take datto body, place on frame and line up front wheels, make steering shaft, hook up break lines and wire truck. place bed on truck and check for rear tire alignment, if off move rear diff fwd/back. re-mount, make new driveshaft, drive truck done!!"

"buy cool 5 lug rims...drive truck, done!"

Some cons to the swap for sure, think of the time involved here...fixing the "rust" on a frame will be involved for sure, but then you are left with a fully adjustable front suspension, Datsun coolness and less work(I think)

Some pros might be that even if the Datsun front IS adjustable...how often do we actually "adjust" it anyway? I mean...put it down as far as you can handle because of driving style/conditions/money for trimming and rim size...and leave it there right? So, a cut/shorter/aftermarket lowering spring for the Toy would do the same trick. The disc brakes and ball joint I suppose would be possible pros.

Seems like a ton of work.

Best to you man:D

I put a 1936 Chevy pickup on an '82 Toyota frame and it was pretty straight forward. Rode great. Stopped great. Handled Okay. I hate doing rust repair! If there are no other 620 frames available I wouldn't be afraid to give it a try. BTW-- small block chevys love Toyota frames.:rolleyes: Is that considered a pro or con?