Wheel repair near Portland?

So, last Friday, the tire machine where I work was found to be gouging up wheels. I was the first one who discovered that the machine was broken.. well, the almost first; my SSR's were the first :angry:

Now I have some deep gouges around the outside edge of my vintage beauties, and I'd like to get em taken care of. Who can recommend to me a good place near Portland? And as always, the less expensive the better, but not at the cost of quality. I know you can rarely have both, but sometimes you can have your cake and eat it too.

If anybody has any testimonials(pics encouraged), I'd like to get my kicks made right. Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought some Appliances that were pretty curb chowed. Chucked them up in the brake lathe and reprofiled the lips to remove the gouges. Then put them in the balance machine (spins faster) and used progressively finer sand paper to smooth them up. Not sure if that's something you might want to try but it worked out good for me. I didn't really document the whole process but this is a shot fresh off the brake lathe.

005-19.jpg

After sanding:

006-18.jpg

After polishing. Sorry I never took any real close pics:

0012-7.jpg