New EGR Valve

Sierra

I purchased a new EGR Valve on Rockauto for my 1978 B210. The valve is made by Standard Motor Products (Part# EGV329).

The orifice where the valve pin comes out needs a specific washer that makes the hole big or small based on the make and model of the car you are going to install the EGR Valve.

The Valve comes with a one page instructions/specifications that expalins what washer (number stamp on washer) to use based on the O.E. number of the original EGR Valve.

Since the old valve was a after market EGR valve I don't have the O.E. number to assigned the specific size of the washer.

Anybody out there knows that the hell I am talking about?

Anybody with a parts catalog that can get me the O.E. number for the EGR valve.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nissan used about a dozen EGR valves on the B210, each slightly different from the previous. Standard Motor Products decided to make ONE valve instead, but with different sized inserts.

Look on your underhood sticker, to see if it meets California, Federal, or Canada emissions. Then was it a factory 5-speed car (65HP) or not (80HP) will be on the ID plate on the firewall.

Here are the five OEM part numbers for 1978 B210 EGR Valve

14710-H7700 FED 4-speed

14710-H7710 FED AT

14710-H7760 FED 5-speed

14710-H7760 CAL MT (4 or 5-speed)

14710-H7770 CAL AT

14710-U9400 CAN

Thanks ggzilla

I will check the underhood sticker.

I am pretty sure that meets California emissions. Since it was originally purchased in California and I am in California.

Su just to make sure.

The B210 is an Automatic so the OEM part number for the EGR Valve is 14710-H7770