Heres my 77 620 longbed

MantisX620

Got her last july, and spent time here and there working on it. My next plan is to work on the interior and roll on some bedliner. Im still on the fence about slamming her as I kinda like the height it sits at now. Also the ride isnt too shabby. Heres some before and after oics. Let me know what you think!

OdESz.jpg

vAGP9.jpg

AcTNp.jpg

TKq6C.jpg?1

• Like 4
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, I'd lower it a little more.

I still might. Those are some 14s on it now. I figure if I step up to a 15-16" or some titans, I can lower it without sacrificing too much. Initially I was thinking around 3" but after I got the thing off the jackstands, I had forgotten how high it didnt sit lol.

MantisX

• 3 months later...

And here we are 3 inches later!

Aibp9.jpg?1

Didnt quite like the super low stance up front so I raised it just a smidge and drove it to the folks house. Also pictured is mom and my dads ultra tough yota. This thing has 340k miles and running. No rebuild or anything yet.

W9I2e.jpg?1

Gratuitous sundown shot

gUnqP.jpg?1

For having blown shocks it rides surprisingly well! Next on the list is new shocks all around and redo all of my ball joints/steering.

• Like 4
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

So I yanked out my engine to do a rear main seal:

ssc4Mx3.jpg

caQoHh5.jpg

While it was out, things quickly went entirely to another direction?

M759LvL.jpg

Said screw it and cleaned up the engine a little too

er0WmFn.jpg

Then I went all the way the other way

BdkSiS3.jpg

How the hell did I end up here from a rear main seal change?

X3hD8UN.jpg

Because Datsun, thats how! Thanks to Dadszun for the cool deal on the Boggs manifold and even jets! Next is to rig up a throttle linkage of some sort, paint the valve cover, clean up some stuff here and there, and a much needed exhaust.

MantisX

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...

My awesome brother took my truck and did some body work and paint for me! We were also able to find him a 620 right in our backyard! I gave him my old weber and it fired right up after sitting for almost 15 years. We should be hitting car meets hard next year in his 280 and 2 620s!

Heres a crappy pic of the work on my truck and his 620. More to come after some cleanup. Next step is a C notch and moar lowe!

pOl3sju.jpg

UDCD5Sy.jpg

• Like 3

My awesome brother took my truck and did some body work and paint for me! We were also able to find him a 620 right in our backyard! I gave him my old weber and it fired right up after sitting for almost 15 years. We should be hitting car meets hard next year in his 280 and 2 620s!

Heres a crappy pic of the work on my truck and his 620. More to come after some cleanup. Next step is a C notch and moar lowe!

pOl3sju.jpg

UDCD5Sy.jpg

Now That's the way it's done ! Great job on this truck. The only thing missing is more ! Keep up the good work .

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...

Fitted a sunpro supertach into the dash. I'm happy with the result.

UItojvR.jpg

Also installed a dash cap and royal wheel

lHwrOz7.jpg

And painted my valvecover to match

U4KqvKy.jpg

And here's where my brothers 620 sits after a few months of ownership

R15fHRk.jpg

Finally got all my stuff to do the 720 leafs so those should be next!

• Like 4

The Herculiner is holding great! I've had an engine stand and lift back there with no issues.

I haven't seen any other datsuns in our area, let alone longbed 620s lol. I'm sure they're out there, just in hiding being built or God forbid rotting away under a tree like my brothers was.

I had an extra hole cover that I bored out to the size of the tach face. Then I smoothed it out and made it round. Then I glued the rubber around the tach to the tach, and then the rubber to the cover bezel. For the glass I used a bead of black silicone ran really thin around the perimeter.

• 3 months later...