1976 KingCab "SOLD to Willdatsun/ UK"

Selling my clean 620

Its a 1976 Datsun 620 Kingcab with an L20b with 4 speed Manual trans. Odometer says 95,846 and I believe its the actual miles. If its 195k, they must of babied it alot. I am the fourth owner though. Original owner bought it new, drove it until he got to old to drive and it sat for about 8 years until a carport. After he passed away, his son sold it to the second owner, which only had it about six months. Third owner had it for about 3 years and drove around 6,000 miles. During his reign, his wife backed into it and damage the bed. You will see the damage in the pictures. Anyways, I bought it about little over a year ago. Kind of a impulse buy.

I removed the interior(seats, carpet) as they were moldy and greasy and put in another set of seats from my 78 KC. So in a couple of pics, you'll see

the differences. The floor boards are solid. They applied some tar substance, as you'll see. You will also see some different rims on the detailed pics. The Truck will come with the stock wheels and tires as pictured in first few pics. I ended up installing my built l20b into the 620. Had new exhaust system installed and drove it for about 500 miles until I removed the engine due to deciding to sale the truck. So I started to clean up the original engine and replace the valve cover gasket. I notice something with the timing chain, saw chunks of plastic, scrapes. And then notice some one use rtv sealant in areas that shouldn't have. Someone had something go wrong during the trucks lifetime. So I tore it down and replaced the timing chain/ gear/guides, visual checked piston, valves. Replaced head, valve cover, timing chain cover, water pump, oil pan GASKETS. Put in a new clutch system. The only thing that I screwed up on is, I did not align up the correct position of the oil pump. So that made the distrib. off. However I was able to time the system to 10* advanced. Suppose to be 12*. It actually runs really good but had plans to change it on my next oil change, then re-time it.

Now since I installed the "built" engine, I used the L16 Mani, which has the new exhaust. So I removed all the smog crap and installed the brand new Weber that was on the "built" engine. So the stock engine has a weber with a L16 mani. I can include the smog stuff with the sale if need be.

Here are things that need to replaced or repaired:

New brakes( it does stop, but wouldn't stop quick)

All Window seals, door seals, new carpet, door panels.

I lost the ignition key during my recent move, so a fellow ratsun member got me a match set of Ignition switch and door locks with key( still needs locks installed

Tires look almost the originals but I wouldn't trust them for long distances. Needs new oil sender unit, oil leaks from it.

ON WITH THE PICTURES ALREADY!!

http://www.use.com/7...b9ae24f776bf794

%5B/url]

The price is $2500 and if you have any other questions, reply back with them. I can get a video of it running if need be

Larry

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the same thing when I pulled and refreshed the engine in my 75 620 (only being able to adjust timing to 10 degrees). I found it fairly easy to take a rat tail file and elongate the slot in the distributer to allow for the other 2 degrees. I didnt have to pull the distributer either . .

GLWS!

• 2 weeks later...

Well my truck sold on eBay. Buyer has until today to pay the deposit I've sent him two emails and no one has responded. Hope the buyer comes through. EBay has already charged me theft selling fee

Larry

one feedback , doesn't look hopeful!. PM sent. I am looking to buy a solid 620 but I need the seller to be able to get it to a port for me. Ideally I want a late model with the disc brakes , 5 speed etc but I am considering other trucks if seller is near a port.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have bought this :)

Wow, Congratulations! I've been seeing all your wanted posts and inquiries on the for sale ads. The only reason I was even clicking on this ad was to see if you had seen it yet. Happy to see you were able to finally purchase something and get it headed your way. You better post some pictures once it gets there.

• 2 months later...

Just been to pick up my pickup from the docks here in England! Excited, Never even seen a king cab before in real life! THe truck is just as solid as Farmer said it was, minimal rust. Very happy. Lots of things to tinker with and improve but the truck is sound and will be back to running like it should in no time hopefully!

Being transported to California

620kc-transporter.jpg

In the warehouse in UK

620kc-warehouse7.jpg

Near my house being towed home by my Nissan powered 1970s Range Rover.

620kc-rangetrol.jpg

At home and unloaded

620kc-home8.jpg

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.