New Shoes for the gOOn

Had a square tire on my car so I bought 2 new tires from Discount Tire. I went with a different size cuz I wanted a skinnier tire on the front. 195-60-15's is what I had & I went with 185-55-15's. I wanted them on the front but Discount Tire has a policy that the best(newest) tires have to go on the back! :confused: WTF? That is bassakwards to me. Anyway it was kinda cool cuz I got to see what they look like on the back as I will be getting 2 more tires when I can affford. Not sure if I want the same size or a lil bigger in back (195-55's) maybe??

Here are pics. what do you think?

007-2.jpg008-3.jpg009-2.jpg010-1.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great.

I think Discount Tire should put the tires wherever you want them. I'm really starting to get tired of all the crap tire places give me...just put the tires on the wheels and shaddup!

Sorry for the rant....:lol:

• Like 2
2eDeYe' timestamp='1336488113' post='682418']

Looks great.

I think Discount Tire should put the tires wherever you want them. I'm really starting to get tired of all the crap tire places give me...just put the tires on the wheels and shaddup!

Sorry for the rant.... :lol:

No prob on the RANT. I totally agree. I spent 1/2 hour arguing with the youngster about it to the point where I almost left!

185s are too skinny to me. What I currently have and when ever I park next to my friends wagon with 195s I wish I had wider tires.

I think I am about to run some 205/50/15 all around on the wagon.

Laecaon, do you have different wheels or was that a typo?

And I like tires to be the same visually front and back.

Haha, you caught that. I am planning on new wheels too... Its all lined up, just gotta pay friday when I get my paycheck.

I dont plan on going lower in the back. Id like to but then I would have to cut the driveline tunnel & raise it up so the rearend doesnt hit. I will go with 195-55's. Maybe 205-55's????

And I like tires to be the same visually front and back.

On a 510, the front tires will always "look" bigger if they are all the same size .... . .. especially with 510 struts,,, then the front wheels stick out more than the back wheels

...... if you can fit bigger tires, do it,,, then you don't need to lower the back to tuck tire