1979 Datsun 210 (B310) project

Hey guys,

I finally get to work on my datsun 210 4dr thats been sitting in my garage for a couple years. I do have a couple of concern and I hope some one here may guide me in the right direction.

1. I really like the 510 front end. ( round headlights and fenders.) has anyone sucessfully did this conversion?

2. The choice of engine that could be put in. I was leaning more toward the 13b rotorary engine because of how cheap i can get this engine for in the Dallas area. But one thing is right no my Datsun is a automatic 4speed right now. I do want to change it to a 5 speed. Anyone have any luck with doing this?

I am very excited to start on this project as I am a big datsun/nissan fan. Feel free to give me your input and suggestion. At the moment i am currently working on stripping the engine bay and interior down the do a full paint job inside out. B)

Thanks for any suggestion.

Started stripping down the front end here is a few pictures of the car

471528_670207937721_196002494_32477581_1867503735_o.jpg

532755_670140612641_196002494_32477261_1957966477_n.jpg

I will do the front bumper and fenders tonight :ninja:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun. Now post some pics of that ride (we like....well almost demand pics).

Could it be a 1980? Because they didn't make a 210 in 1970(all the more reason for pics B) )

Welcome to Ratsun. Now post some pics of that ride (we like....well almost demand pics).

Could it be a 1980? Because they didn't make a 210 in 1970(all the more reason for pics B) )

Lol. That totally made me think of a 210 hatchback done up back to the future style :rofl:

yea perhaps your right. I look at the car title and it is a 1979 Datsun 210. The more I talk to people with this car the more they favor that style headlights. ..maybe i can have one of each set to change between the two when i want to lol.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

And this is why you need the hood. 1979s had round-eye and were manufactured late 1978 to late 1979. 1980 had square-eye and were manufactured starting in 1979 (just like they are doing for the 2013 cars which are in showrooms now).

20121107_131543_DSC04439.jpg

Now I imagine the A10 (510) grille could be fitted as the A10 and B310 are nearly identical except for trim and options. In Japan A10 even had an A14 option (one was sold by Japan Datsun dealers the other by Nissan dealers).

• 2 months later...
It's the standard grill for the later JDM cars, but narrowed 6-8". They pop up on ebay and YJA often, and I've seen several for sale on JNC over the last two years.  :thumbup:

Look around. They are out there, and not terribly expensive. Usually in the $100 range at most. 

Can you please specify which model and year (diamond shaped grille)? This will greatly help me when searchinf for it