75 B210 Automatic speedometer cog gear part number

It looks like I'm not going to find a used one so if I can get the part number from somebody I'll just buy a new one. There cant be that many combinations right? I didn't take a pic because my hands were soaked in tranny fluid. I didn't count the teeth either. It was white and all chewed up.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone will beat me to it ( they always do) but if they don't I'll try and look it up tomorrow at work and post it up here tomorrow night.

Stock B210 automatic gear is 21-tooth. All B210 autos had same final gear and same tire size. You can order different sizes to correct your speedometer or if you are using different size tires than 155/80R13.

Only $22 from Nissan part number 32703-P2621. Just take the old one down with you and they will fix you up. They might have to order it, but it only takes a few days normally.

Toldja some one would beat me to it. I came up with the same part # but was told the part # was NLA (you are looking for the gear that goes into the tranny right?), always good to get a second opinion I say. If you got a guy at a Nissan dealer ask him if he can run an inquiry on that part #

argh it worked before I took it out to fix the threads for a new speedo cable. Maybe I'll try to play with again. Now that I think about it wasn't seated properly with the little lock tab wasn't in the groove it was completely under the tab. Or maybe thats why it was chewed up.

The pinion gear is plastic and held in the sleeve with a roll pin. You'll have to knock the roll pin out to get the spindle with the gear out then just slip the new one back in. The sleeve that holds the pinion gear has to be installed straight into the transmission with the slot for the retainer lined up. If you install it and then turn to line up the slot you could crush the soft plastic gear.