Need windshield!!!!!

Icehouse

I need a windshield for my Sunny truck. From what I hear the 1200 sedan windows fit. Does anyone have a used one I could buy for cheap local? I orded one from Japan but it could take MONTHS! to get. I daily my sunny and miss it already.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff sorry to hear about the front glass, I noticed you called me, but all i have is coupe glass, my sedan ones are all in good cars at the moment, i heard something about somewhere in cali haveing a new sedan front glass.

Talked to Randy at Pilkington Classics, this morning, he checked on 1200 Sedan 238 windshields and 1200 Coupe 237 windshields and he found nothing listed, no windshields available or anything listed for either of the windshields in the pasted few years.

Thanks for all your efforts guys! I ordered a Sunny windshield from Glen at the Vancouver Canada South Side Nissan Dealer with gasket, since the part numbers are different for the coupe, sedan and pickup I figured better safe than sorry. He said the wait time could be up to 6 months for parts from Japan!! For the time being I was lucky enough to find out that Jerry had a spare slightly fogged sedan windshield he was willing to sell me at a very low price. I went and picked it up last night. I also got to check out his highly modified 1200 sedan racecar, that thing is bad ass! When I got back to my buddies house I set the sedan window in the truck frame...... There is a chance if I trim it down it will fit but I'm not to confident it will. The shape and contour is very close but the curvature looks a little less on the sedan. I won't know until I trim off the upper corners so it can actually drop down in the frame. The gap also looks a little bit heavy in the center of the window... Fingers crossed!

Thanks guys!

The gap is worrisome, but the gasket allows some variation. I've had two different guys over the years say they fitted a sedan windshield to a ute. One guy said he used Coupe glass with the corners cut down slightly.

Take some photos overall and especially of the corners ... because I might need to do this sooner or later :-)

Sedan windshield: 76210-H1001, 72613-H1003, 72613-H1903 (safety tinted), 72613-H1902 (safety clear)

Truck windshield: 72613-H1002, 72613-H1102

The gap is worrisome, but the gasket allows some variation. I've had two different guys over the years say they fitted a sedan windshield to a ute. One guy said he used Coupe glass with the corners cut down slightly.

Take some photos overall and especially of the corners ... because I might need to do this sooner or later :-)

Sedan windshield: 76210-H1001, 72613-H1003, 72613-H1903 (safety tinted), 72613-H1902 (safety clear)

Truck windshield: 72613-H1002, 72613-H1102

So will my new windshield be safety glass? Fuck I hope so that was scary as fuck!

It doesn't really have a big gap. It's even with the sheet metal pinch weld or about there. I think when it's centered its going to be really close. I more worry about the curvature. Time will tell.

So if this doesn't work I should hunt for a coupe windshield for temporary? Might just go lexan for the time being. Until I get a real windshield if the sedan one doesn't fit.

As long as were talking windshields, I bought 2 new windshields for 1200 coupe last month from Precision Auto glass in Clackamas Oregon for $195.00 each, that just the glass NO install. One of them came from Tacoma Washington- NO freight fees. Sedan 1200 windshields had them check 3 in California, Hayward,CA was listed-along with 2 other cities. Cost was more for Sedan windshield about $ 215.00

Well I got the sedan window to fit. Me and my friend Jesse spent about 5hrs of sanding on the glass to get it the right shape. Even then the window is only a decent fit. it's about 1/2 an inch to short at the top in the center. I used rope in the gasket to hold it up so it will actually make a good seal on the metal frame. So the good news in it's installed and I can drive my truck until the right one shows up. Man I was missing my 1200!

image%2812%29.jpegimage%252813%2529.jpegimage%252814%2529.jpegimage%25288%2529.jpegimage%25286%2529.jpeg

I have a solution:

1.) Drive the sunny to North Carolina

2.) Park it at my house. Sign over the title.

3.)Enjoy the people, see the sights, eat the food and fly home (I'll even be nice enough to buy you your food and tickets ;) )

((I really like your truck. And all sunny trucks..))

• 7 years later...

I'm resurrecting an old post. 

I just bought 1970 b110 sedan glass.....for a b122 ute...

Am I going to have to go through the sanding process like what happened here? I hope not, I hope it's the coupe glass that needs modification, not sedan glass. 

I have a windshield and a back glass from a 1200 up in rafters in the garage.  I need to pull it down and figure out of it's from a Coupe or Sedan.  I pulled it from a car in the wreckers many years ago, just don't remember which car.

3 hours ago, Duncan said:

I have a windshield and a back glass from a 1200 up in rafters in the garage.  I need to pull it down and figure out of it's from a Coupe or Sedan.  I pulled it from a car in the wreckers many years ago, just don't remember which car.

Same, but mine is definitely sedan glass. Figured I'd have a spare if mine ever went.. or if someone has deep pockets it might go with them.

57 minutes ago, Draker said:

Same, but mine is definitely sedan glass. Figured I'd have a spare if mine ever went.. or if someone has deep pockets it might go with them.

So the early 1970 sedan would fit without having to sand?

5 hours ago, Draker said:

Chances are slim to none I'll ever own another 1200.  My point was I need to dig it out and identify it.  Maybe it can help someone keep one on the road.  I'll probably get to that next week. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Velict said:

So the early 1970 sedan would fit without having to sand?

I don't know. 

6 hours ago, Duncan said:

Chances are slim to none I'll ever own another 1200.  My point was I need to dig it out and identify it.  Maybe it can help someone keep one on the road.  I'll probably get to that next week. 

That will help someone for sure. My point was I have a spare stored in the rafters also, but still have a 1200. But yours was much nicer than mine.. although mine is not too shabby. 👍

• Like 1