My '82 720 thread...(Lots-O-Pics)

Dat_82_720

I bought this 720 from a guy who bought it from the origional owner. The guy i got it from never drove or titled it so the title still has the origional owners name on it. Bad part is it sat outside for 5-6 years and was almost stolen, some guys punched a hole and couldnt get the lock open so they busted the pass. window. They couldnt hotwire it so it was then left outside with no pass. window to make it worse. ANYWAYS, i got it for $400 and it has 74,000 origional miles. It has rust through in the floor pans and drivers rocker as well as some bubbles above the rear window, all of which i plan ot take care of next...it ran pretty crappy till i got a weber for it and now it runs almost perfect! I also got a set of doors off an 86 to fix the hole in the pass door, and to shave the mirrors. Plans are to static it and eventually bag it (sold my s10 in the pics a few years ago) after i fix it up inside and out......heres the pics:

Day i got it to the house:

100_6862.jpg

100_6849.jpg

100_6850.jpg

100_6851.jpg

100_6852.jpg

100_6853.jpg

100_6854.jpg

100_6855.jpg

100_6860.jpg

100_6861.jpg

100_6859.jpg

Weber carb swap:

DSCN3333.jpg

DSCN3334.jpg

Didnt realize how bad the floor pans were but....it can be fixed! Drivers side:

DSCN3330.jpg

Rusted floor pan cut out on pass side:

DSCN3323.jpg

DSCN3324.jpg

new door:

DSCN3325.jpg

Misc:

DSCN3336.jpg

DSCN3328.jpg

DSCN3329.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice... me thinks it looks better with the new rims. lower with torsion bars, and find ya some 4x4 720 leafs to lower the rear...

search both these. there both easy to do, and the torsion bar drop is free.... search Reindex torsion bars. I did a write up on it, go the opposite way for drop.

you can clean up the engine bay by removing most of the emission stuff that is no longer hooked up.

Good job on the pics... nicely done...

yea, i plan to torsion it in the front and you think new leaf springs or blocks would be better? The wheels are temporary off of my wife's pathfinder (I got '03 wheels for it) so the tires are no good and they sit about 1/4" from rubbing the frame in the rear.

Well, that depends. Is the axle sprung over or under. if over, it would be easier to just use 4x4 leafs, as I have heard they are flatter then 2wd. To do lowering blocks, your axle would have to be sprung under. (Axle on top of leafs, not under) if so, then you can just use lowering blocks which are cheap and easy to install. Easier then leafs in my opinion, cause you have to do fewer bolts.

But if its not sprung under, then you have to cut off the leaf perches and weld them on the bottom. and that is alot of work. I dont know what the orientation of the 2wd is... the pics with the bed off are way dark. can search it, and see what it pops up. lotta guys have good info on lowering.