Sad stories of road kill?

I hit a cat tonight. Never had hit an animal before slammed him with the front valance of my 620 at 65, he hit my turn signal light and cracked it in half and my trucks pretty low so im sure the tow hook took most of the hit. Had to pull my front valance out when I got home. Luckily no major damage done thank god. Just the turn signal lense needs replaced. I hope the little guy didnt suffer :( ... Anyone else hit an animal in there 620?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hit a big ass toad once.

Wasn't really sad.

I was driving in my 210 down a rainy road in bum fuck nowhere, and I saw a HUGE toad (this was at night) hopping around. As I drive over him he decided to hop and a fucking butchered him with my oil pan. I was laughing for days.

Sorry about the cat man... I'm an animal lover, but sometimes for your safety and the others on the road, theres nothing you can do. Better them then you or the people in the other lane.

What's so sad about road kill?

#1 you took a cat off the road so it won't suffer from starvation and wild animals that would make it die a gruesome painful death.

#2 You saved yourself shopping for dinner.

win!!!

A cat was sleeping in the engine bay of one of my dads cars...

He turned it on...

No more cat...

Blood everywhere...

I killed a squirrell :( I like squirrells..

Almost hit a fucking crow today, those fuckers really like nuts

I haven't hit anything bigger than a starling (but it hit hard enough for me to feel it in the steering, since I hit it with the RF tire). I was following my Dad once when he hit a cat. He was in my Mom's 620. The cat ran out into thr road, my dad swerved to miss but the cat did a "squirrel" and turned around midrun. Did a couple loops through the wheel well before getting pitched into the bushes. I blame my Dad stopping to get my grandpa some beer in Redmond rather than in Duvall as usual.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Back in 95, a deer decided it wanted to tackle the side of a 510 I had, took out the door and fender, and ran away damn hit run deers. :lol:

Took a bunny out once :bye:

I would like to see an animation of the big rig flinging a road kill into helmet and then barf action. Thats funny. Hope you didnt get hurt,, but thats just plain funny! And if you did get hurt,, sorry for that part,, but anyway,, a cartoon would be nice.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

when i was around 13 my dad was backing his car out of the garage. At the same time we had a 14 week old rottweiler puppy chasing our cat. My dad ran over the cat and snapped its neck. It was nasty, blood was spraying out of the neck and the cat was still running and the rottweiler puppy was still chasing it. only lasted a couple of seconds after that. my dad was scared my step mom was going to find out so he put the cat in a bag and gave me 40.00 to take it out and bury it far away from the house.

oh, i hit birds all the time with my land rover. not sure what it is about that thing but they always hit the same spot just above the windshield by the factory roof racks.

Coming back form the movies one time while on a family vacation to Minnesota we ran into some pretty heavy rain. Apparently, out on the road, late at night up there when it rains all the frogs like to cross the road. When I say all the frogs I mean ALL the frogs. As we are driving we get to the bottom of a hill and all you can hear are these little *plunk plunk plunk* as the frogs jumping across the road run into the grill of the van. My aunt was freaking out while Dad and I laughed... not sure if that's a good thing haha. We probably took out close to forty frogs by the time we got home.

I was pulling about 75 down a back road late at night, taking a pretty young lady home after a fairly nice date when a black cat darts into the road. The front tire flings the poor bastard up against the floorboards of the Z, scaring the piss out of her. About a half-mile up the road we get to her house, and her mom is outside looking for her black cat that got outside. So much for that second date...

Same Z, different road, creeping up past 4500 RPM in 5th gear on a hot July afternoon, windows down and feeling good. A big honking dragonfly catches the inside edge of my door mirror and the pieces come flying in at ludicrous speed. The impact knocked my glasses off and left a welt just below my left eye, and I nearly put the Z into a ditch. I was luckier than the dragonfly I guess...

• 3 weeks later...

Never hit a moose but seen one in Canada eh. The hardest animal to hit is a prarie dog they run out in front of me all the time and I've still never hit one.

Lol you sound like you're trying to hit it!

:sneaky:

To quote Jeff Foxworthy, 'If it were not for women, men have rooms full of dead stuffed animals...."Come on in here Frank and look at this, That there is a White tail deer, a mallard duck, and a Siamese cat! Had to run off to hit him, there qqquuuiiicckkkk!"

Lol you sound like you're trying to hit it!

:sneaky:

Heh, reminds me of talking to my old college roommate after he went on an unsuccessful hunting trip over break. He told me what he and his Dad took into the field and they still didn't get a deer. I told him I missed out but my Dad got a deer while we were out one evening. He asked "What did he use?" I replied "Pontiac."