USDM parts swappable for a SR20DET

sedan20

my biggest question is i have a SR20DET in my nissan 240sx and it seems to be having alternator issues... id like to know specifically if i can swap it out directly with/without heavy modification to work with a USDM alternator.

BUT i figure this would be a good time to ask if i can swap other JDM stuff out for lifetime warrantee USDM stuff from autozone and still have it operating at 100%??

-i already swapped out the waterpump when my jdm one failed, and threw in one from a nissan sentra se-r (non turbo sr20 - SR20DE)... i found no information online on if this was possible, but i did some rookie fabing and made the (ISSUE) pulley work.

thanks in advance guys.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, to most of us too, which is why we mostly stick to USDM engines. I'd go to the wreckers and look at the SR20 engines they have, maybe it's the same only 60A instead of 70A or something minor.

Or maybe ask on a forum that specializes in SR20DET engines like Zilvia.com or SRalloy.com or whatever

• Like 1