510 UPGRADE, and NECESSITY LIST - Update (inside)

KEEPING IT CURRENT:
i need these things for Lazarus:

MOST IMPORTANT
-5spd transmission

^^^without one i cant drive my car... 

Side notes (below)

-front window trim
-front camber plates
-rear sway bar

thanks guys. :w00t:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the drivers door mechanical assembly attached to the actual door.... :geek: lol mine shuts all the way but doesnt actually stay latched... ive ran it through by imitating the action with a screwdriver, and as far as i can see its the mechanical assembly inside the door itself... you may very well have yourself a deal... do you happen to have keys all the way around the car? doors, and trunk? i need to change those cylindars as well.

alright, i googled the diffrence in lips. the most popular one people seem to have is the spooke/bre style, id rather have that one... but i may be interested in your golf lip...

id like to check out you can either PM me here, or email/facebook me at coupester302@hotmail.com (facebook is fastest)

i REALLY do appreciate the responses guys! :thumbup:

• 4 months later...

BUMP for a restructured WTB listing... ill keep it current for the things i currently need... B) i appreciate the feedback!

side note... i work at Autozone, and can use my employee discount 20% to get new Monroe shocks for the 83 280ZX.... they're 30 something a piece before the discount... what do you guys think about them for me replacing the front only?

I bought TWO sets of the 280ZX strut inserts from AutoZone, and BOTH sets were incorrect. You work there, so it's easier to deal with the returns, but be prepared if you don't get the right ones! The inserts were simply too long, and did not allow the upper collar to thread in. :crying:

• Like 1

I bought TWO sets of the 280ZX strut inserts from AutoZone, and BOTH sets were incorrect. You work there, so it's easier to deal with the returns, but be prepared if you don't get the right ones! The inserts were simply too long, and did not allow the upper collar to thread in. :crying:

good info. sorry for your setup though. ill be checking it out.

Photo0027.jpg

this is the before and after of me driving through the sunny spots around town... i NEED a new front window... anybody have a good one they wouldnt mind getting rid of, or maybe have a direction they can point me so i can fix this issue?! must fix soon! lol

Photo0028.jpg

• 1 month later...

alright, so the datsun got put on backburner mode, when we lost finances. soooo.... the window obviously didnt make any progress... i DID however replace the wiper motor, get new seatbelts, and locate a new front window rubber... i now (due to the rain, and a check or two) have the finances to pull off a window purchase. i checked that link (above) for ebay front window glass and it looks like they stopped selling them... i cant seem to find any on the internet.. maybe im not looking in the right places... you guys have suggestions?

Did you send them a message through eBay, or call their 877 number to check? From the way the ad was written it I assumed that they have been selling these for years and are considered regular stock. Here is their info just in case it disappears off of eBay:

These are factory green tint windshields, same quality and fit we have been selling for years. The price is the same since 2009 and only a few dollars more than the past 4 years! This fits all the 1968-73 Datsun 510 2 & 4 Dr Sedan models. This is Glass Part# FW204.

We can ship more than 1 for the same price. Add $25 carton/ crate fee. This is ideal for local pick up/ delivery.

We also have gaskets available for $68 which can be added to the auction, just ask us.

Since freight costs can exceed the glass cost we are able to offer these at our distributor in the following states for $170 picked up NO freight/ boxing fees: TN, GA, NC, IL, NV, CA, AZ, OR, WA

This ships truck freight for $120-175 range within most of the continental USA, a little higher to Canada. Add $25 carton/ crate fee. All shipments sent insured.

ProSource Glass International

Andover, MA 01810

Tel:877-345-2800 Toll Free US & Canada or 978-975-5400 Fax:978-975-5300

Edit: just found this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-73-Datsun-510-2-4-Dr-Sedan-New-Tint-Windshields-/271086226901?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1dff8dd5

Not sure how hard you are trying, but this was really quite easy to find. :shrug:

This tells me that if you had tried to contact anyone at ProSource , you would have a windshield. :shrug: :shrug:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A possible option on a budget set of rear springs might be to take the front springs from a 280zx. I just noticed today that they appear to be the same size as my Supsension Techniques Sport rear springs. I assume being front springs and from a heavier car, they would have a higher rate than your cut stock springs. Maybe someone has done the research and can verify this assumption.

-----Added 11-14-12-----: Nope, I must have been looking at something wrong. Disregard this info.

• Like 1

Where are you located? I am in SF bay area.

I have a brand new Quickor rear sway bar that I never used (7/8"). I bought the set with front (1") and rear (7/8") and never installed. I can't seem to find all the hardware but have some. I posted the link for cost new. PM me if interested.

http://www.quickorgarage.com/CartPages/nissan.htm

• Like 1

Where are you located? I am in SF bay area.

I have a brand new Quickor rear sway bar that I never used (7/8"). I bought the set with front (1") and rear (7/8") and never installed. I can't seem to find all the hardware but have some. I posted the link for cost new. PM me if interested.

nice! i'm in the Modesto area. about 1.5-2hrs out of SF, or an hour and some change east of SJ... depending on where specifically you are.. yeah a brand new one is much to expensive for me... but maybe missing the linkage (which i guess i COULD make) might be key...

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.