Akumazedex S30

They ARE level with my shoulders. Harness bar is definitely in the future, or even maybe a roll bar. It's not like I'm gonna be tracking the car anyways right now anyways lol. But yeah, I know about the proper way to mount them, which is why they're on the strut tower.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worse then the old belts? based on what exactly?  

The rule of thumb is shoulder belts should be mounted at shoulder blade height. Mounting them to the strut tower leaves it about there (depending on the person in the seat).

main thing I see to nit pick is they are supposed to be as short as possible thats why harness bars are right behind the seat. Thats to prevent stretch and lower the odds of anything cutting/fraying them in a crash. 

I think they are fine for now, get a loop with a bar in the future or something. 

Many reasons, for example: 

-How tight and thick the belt material is compared to the no name 4 point. also how it's sown (weaker)

-In case of roll over, you won't be able to move towards the passenger side to avoid contact with roof (roll cage would be best with the 4 point)

-Can't go racing with those (not SFI approved)

I'm just throwing my .2 cents, I know people that died because of wrong installed harnesses driving on the streets. 

Loving your car btw. :)

Wao, never knew my belts would be such a hot topic lol. For auto x I dont need the belt to be certified. Which I'm not doing for a while anyways. No name or not, these are actually really nice belts, compared to the crap pepboys an Kragen sells for $20.

Belt nonsense aside, I got more cool stuff to go on the car!

Post up pics soon.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I did some things today!! Finally got the HEI in. Also switched over to Irridium plugs and an MSD blaster II coil. Seriously noticible diffirence.

Heres  a pic and a vidio for you guys.

B2327822-335A-404E-A77E-9E503F735854-267

Video Here

http://s1234.beta.photobucket.com/user/akumazedex/media/6BBA180D-D6AD-404C-BB4F-6737905184E6-267-00000009EDEB9B29_zpsfca61452.mp4.html

You should try side gapping and indexing your plugs you'l also notice a nice difference. You could have opted to do it and saved on buying the iridium's but w/e. 

What happened to the vinyl on your hood? I'm on the middle of a lot of wrapping. 

Ah ya I was wondering if it was earlier in this thread I mentioned it, lol pot... 

I'm using SimCarbons 3d cf. Its 2nd only to the 3m shit but its like half the price. What happened on the hood? it shrank up or something? 
Just about to finish my trim in cf. Once I can commit to a base color I'l get started on the bod. Def going with 3m's 1080 for that, nothing compares. 

Oh you laid it like that? Shit that must have been a frustrating time. It doesnt look too bad but for what shit costs you can redo it clean for like 20 bucks so... 

• 2 weeks later...