620 bench seat options...

I have a 1975 Datsun 620 Standard cab short bed truck and I am in SERIOUS need of a "new" seat.

This truck is a 4 speed with the little cut out in the middle of the bench for the shifter clearance. What seat is a direct bolt in or close to a direct bolt in? Being that I live in Missouri there are no 620's in the salvage yards here. I've found a couple 720 or hardbody 1980's nissan trucks at a local yard, but I don't wanna buy something I can't use. Who else has swapped seats and how did it turn out? Pics would be great. :D

• Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my 75 single cab I had a bench at first then put done weird bench in. Finally I used some buckets from a D50. They looked good and didn't take a lot of modifying. Most nissan seats should fit tho.

I once got a super nice 3rd row bench seat out of a mini van. The third row seats in all mini vans and most SUV's are alot shorter width wise. They are the perfect width. You will need to take it to youre local machine shop and have them make brackets for it. Real simple to do and you can get these seats for peanuts at the junk yards. Good luck.

I found most seats take up more room in the cab than the original bench.

For tall folks it could make a big difference, I'm only 5' 9" but still I want the space.

I ended up recovering my stock bench, mainly because I am keeping it cheep.

I picked up some denim then stiched it in with dental floss (it's strong stuff).

PICT1763-1.jpg

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...