Bosozoku-Bippu-Kyusha-Shakotan-Zokusha Car Picture thread

No, it does not. Not stock at least, unless he modified it.

It runs the same style as 510 sedan, 280zx, 810, and 910.

Well, if it does have the semi-trailing arm IRS (and after researching it certainly appears to), getting some negative camber should be no problem at all. It automatically happens when you lower it. And with minor mods you can add more...   :thumbup:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

If its the same suspension then it gets camber. It has to. Just look at the design of it. It also gets toe in.

There are plenty of S130s with rear camber...

Yeah I have one, and no it doesnt. Lowered two of them, no they do not.

I Never worked on lowering a 280zx but I can tell you for a fact that 910s do not camber one single bit when you lower them.

And none of these cars have the same part number for the subframe, mounts, or the rear trailing arms. So, no, even by the book/numbers they do not have EXACTLY the same parts..

I see camber that doesnt happen on mine or the other 2 lowered ones in the valley. :rofl: :rofl:

I also see that those cars are in Japan or another country where R30 rear ends are more commonplace..............

So you actually might be proving my point about the subframes from an R30.....

Simply look at Mister_freezy's car. (bottom of page, tan)

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/55587-1984-datsun-maxima-910-project/page-13

And I just called him about this.

What are you gonna do? Argue with two ppl that own the car?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh.....

Well, okay then

LMFAO, I mean seriously though, I am considering buying another subframe for modifications to get camber and someone is gonna tell me "oh just lower it it will camber" I am literally on rolling on the floor with laughter at that. I mean seriously, look at Freezys car, there is NOOOOOOOOOOOOO rear camber, and if you push the control arm all the way up in the tire well, you get NOOOOOOOO camber either, LULZ.

I mean seriously, look at Freezys car, there is NOOOOOOOOOOOOO rear camber, and if you push the control arm all the way up in the tire well, you get NOOOOOOOO camber either, LULZ.

With a semi-trailing arm setup this just isn't physically possible. Unless all 4 LCA mounting points are is a STRAIGHT line, then it has to change alignment when lowered. It has to. 

Now if you want to argue that it started out with some positive camber, then we can talk.  B)

Easy solution: Do this, but in reverse...   :thumbup:

http://dimequarterly.blogspot.com/2011/08/rear-crossmember-slotting.html

• Like 1

I think an M30 might be needed in my life as a more comfortable daily. Pretty cheap for a newer car... Quick CL search gives me a decent one in my area for $2K. Rock a little VG power for a bit.

Then a little Leopard conversion down the road.

You also own a honda... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Troof

"maybe -1 out back with a little bit of toe in at least to the eye"

When I spoke with him on the phone he said that he guessed closer to .5, and he also said with it slammed farther.....

With a semi-trailing arm setup this just isn't physically possible. Unless all 4 LCA mounting points are is a STRAIGHT line, then it has to change alignment when lowered. It has to. 

Now if you want to argue that it started out with some positive camber, then we can talk.  B)

Easy solution: Do this, but in reverse...   :thumbup:

http://dimequarterly.blogspot.com/2011/08/rear-crossmember-slotting.html

Okay perhaps when I said "NOOOOO CAMBER" I was slightly exaggerating, however, you end up somewhere around or below 1 degree, which is substantially less than all the cars shown here.

And yes, they do start out at stock ride height with positive camber.

That is your problem. Easy to fix though.   B)

Or better yet, find some other LCAs with a different spindle angle maybe? Is your car CV or u-joint axles?

Right.

Its CV (Tripod) joint. I am thinking possibly moving around some stuff, I need a second subframe so I can mod it while its off the car. I dont even want anything crazy, just a good 1.5-2 degrees for better handling. Ofcourse If I had the moneys, S13 subframe swap B)