Dude, Where's my car?

So, I wasn't sure where to post this, but the more I thought about it, the more it took on a story. I'd love to find out that my favorite car is still around putting big grins on someones face!

Last I knew of it was that I sold it to a guy named Brian (last name forgotten) around the Fall of 1993 or 94. He moved to Montana or Idaho within a year or so of buying it from me.

It was a '72 510 4dr, spraypainted white. It had an AutoPower rollbar, fiberglass front fenders w/flares, fiberglass hood and airdam. It also had 240z bucket seats and I had put a 240z turnsignal stalk on it. 13x7 Libre wheels, euro taillights, etc, etc.

The story starts when my Aunt bought it new in 72/73 from Downtown Datsun in San Jose, CA, where my Dad worked as a mechanic.

It was an automatic, had Orange paint w/ dual white stripes on the trunk and hood and had a white vinyl top. It also had the Appliance wood steering wheel and aluminum wheels. She drove it for years, then let it sit for years.

Sometime near '86-87, my Dad bought it from her and then gave it to me when I turned 15, in '88. I drove and fixed and hotrodded it for several years. It ended up with a well built L18 overbored with flattops(I believe), several different cams and carbs. I changed it to run the 200sx 5speed and an R180 diff.

I'm going to try and find some of my old pics and scan them in. Just maybe Brian still has the car and is on here?!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and a handfull in MT I think

Fixed. You wrote Missouri.

Pictures would mos def help, but it would be nice to see it still floating around. It sounds like you really liked that car when you had it. Are you looking to buy it back?- or do you just want to know wheres its at these days?

I loved and still love that car! I wish I was in a position to buy it back! I still can't believe how much these are going for! I used to knock on someones door offer $500 spend an hour getting them to run and drive them home. Now it seems that $3k can't get you more than an incomplete project!

I also wish I hadn't gotten rid of my 620, which my grandpa bought new and I had dropped a FAR Performance L16 w/ solex carbs into, but that one I know went to the salvage yard, with over 800,000 on the clock!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...