Ugg is a lil less ugly ....

OneFreakyMF

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The part number for the front shocks was on an outer shield that I cut off so I don't have it.... Not sure about the rear shocks. I also spent a lot of time taping off my tailgate, I did tape over the letters a bit and used a razor knife to nicely trim out the letters. I first sprayed a chrome paint on the letters but it didn't react well with the paint that was already there so with a gasket scrapper I scrapped the chrome paint off the raised part of the letters. I left the chrome paint on the edges and sprayed some flat black over all of it and it turned out beautifully!! Kind of a happy accident... With the chrome under the black the letters are subtly outlined.

I'm going out tomorrow for the clean up day so there probably won't be much playing, but my buddies are planning on spending next weekend out in tahuya. Next weekend is still kinda up in the air for me. A year ago, next weekend, I lost my daughter to prenatal death so I'll probably be spending the weekend with my girl.... I'll let ya know if we head out or not....

The part number for the front shocks was on an outer shield that I cut off so I don't have it.... Not sure about the rear shocks. I also spent a lot of time taping off my tailgate, I did tape over the letters a bit and used a razor knife to nicely trim out the letters. I first sprayed a chrome paint on the letters but it didn't react well with the paint that was already there so with a gasket scrapper I scrapped the chrome paint off the raised part of the letters. I left the chrome paint on the edges and sprayed some flat black over all of it and it turned out beautifully!! Kind of a happy accident... With the chrome under the black the letters are subtly outlined.

I'm going out tomorrow for the clean up day so there probably won't be much playing, but my buddies are planning on spending next weekend out in tahuya. Next weekend is still kinda up in the air for me. A year ago, next weekend, I lost my daughter to prenatal death so I'll probably be spending the weekend with my girl.... I'll let ya know if we head out or not....

When I was running the stock R180 I made some longer spring shackles to lift the rear. Doing so brought the back of the rig up two inches. Even with the shocks stretched out a lil more than normal, I never had any issues with them... The rears I'm running now are out of a chevy full size pickup...

I believe they were off a mid 80's chevy half ton but I'm not positive. They bolted to frame with some mild persuasion and I had to change where they mounted to the 12 bolt. I made the spring shackle out of some 1/4"x1" flat steel and a couple grade 8 1/2" bolts. It's not the best way to life your rig, but it works....

lift shackels for the rear are super easy to make... I made a set in like half an hour. cut some strips outta sheet steel. drill holes, and run bolts. done... I got 3'' of lift easy. I had to cut them down to 2'' though... reversed rake...

spindels arent that awesome. go with ball joint spacers, and reap rewards. done. youd have to do some custom lifting to go any taller. s30kid pm sent...

how are you liking the full size chebby leafs? get alot of flex out of them? i know a bunch of the yota groups run them. guess they get lots of flex outta them.

think i am going to upside V my shocks in the rear. run a brace across, and stagger the shocks, get extra drop and not have to worry about up travel.

Not running chevy leafs... Chevy shocks. My rear leafs are a hybrid of stock Datsun, toyota, and an add-a-leaf. Also using a 2 1/2" lift block. I had a set of 63" chevy leafs laying around and thought about making new spring mounts for them but chose not to. Didn't have enough time to fab it all up before my deadline.

so then, for the sake of rake, would it be plausible to shackle the front versus rear mount of the leaf pack? this is my first leaf lift, so its some new stuff to me

mine are just sheet steel with a pipe welding between them. just like the thread up there. just not as cool looking... those were pretty sharp.

nope, the rear shackle is plenty good enuff...

Rake is that look you get when you run really small tires up front and big tires in the rear. What had happen was that i lifted my rear more then the front.

your thinking of shackle reversal, when it flips during droop or what not, and then it flips over to the other side. google images, and you get more info.