Pinion seal

twizted320

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody tell me the part number for the pinion seal for my rear end, and if their available? Mine is leaking and I see no numbers on it, I don't wanna damage it taking it out until im sure it can be replaced. Thanks for any info

I have an E1 in my NL320, and I also have 390 gears in the truck, and it drives just fine.

If I were you I would look into better gearing for your 320, what engine are you going to use?

Mike did a thread on changing out the side gears so you can use any H190 pumpkin from the 520 all the way threw the 720, it all really depends on what engine/transmission you are going to use.

And one of the benifits to going with the more modern rearend gears/gearing is parts availability.

I have also changed out the gearing in the 320 truck, it's not that difficult, "dirttrack510" also did the same thing, and he came up with another way to do it that might be easier, if you know how to set up a 3rd member.

I guess I should have did my homework b4 before I made a post, but truth is I'm not even sure what my rear end is or what gears it has, I just assumed they were all the same for the 320's. I have a 1965 L320 with an A-14 engine and I'm pretty certain it's a stock rear end. I'm not really concerned with better gearing considering its going to be a full show truck and will not be driven daily.

That likely means it has 488 gears in it, you could sell them to "Dirttrack510", he wants them for his race car.

I would put 437s, 411s or 390s in the truck, you will be turning aproximately 4000rpms to get 60mph.

And as said, there shouldn't be any issues with the seals on a newer rear pumpkin.