compatable seat swap

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They look good! The only problem i see is...it's obvious that the seat belt mechanism doesn't work with the Nissan belts so what do you do there? It looks to me like you have both in the picture, is there a way to remove the Rodeo one?

Also, if anybody in the So. Cal. area has a set of Rodeo seats that they don't like and want to trade for Original 720 buckets...I'm game! I like the 720 seats but want more comfort.

• 6 years later...

Old thread, I put a '99 Dodge Neon front passenger seat into my 1986 KC on the passenger side.  It was a bit of a pain because since this is a seat that will ideally remain connected to the floor in the event of a crash, I did not want to cut corners.

1) Lined up the neon seat as best as possible.  You can get 3 of the 4 holes to line up if you set it just right.

2) Instead of reaming out the hole in the 4th tab on the Neon seat, I drilled a new hole through the floor and plugged the old one.

3) Got some grade 8 and 10.9 hardware M8 nuts and 2 inch bolts, multiple increasing size grade 8/10.9 washers to be wide enough to have solid bearing on the Neon seat tabs, but also enough bearing on the bolt flanges.

4) Had to use chaser taps to clean some of the threads.  One of the front threads stripped so I used an M8 nut behind the oem welded nut.

5) Installed the 2 remaining OEM bolts, then the last bolt with a nut and washer on the underside of the truck.

Solid, safe, and the Neon seat is really comfortable, sits a little higher than stock.

Have you tried putting 300zx seats in? 

I heard their really comfortable in the truck and their like 200 bucks at the junkyard. Im saving for some manual seats because also heard electric seats have clearance issues for underseat computer, can anyone send me pictures of that kind of swap? Thanks

17 hours ago, Angeldust720 said:

Have you tried putting 300zx seats in? 

I heard their really comfortable in the truck and their like 200 bucks at the junkyard. Im saving for some manual seats because also heard electric seats have clearance issues for underseat computer, can anyone send me pictures of that kind of swap? Thanks

300zx seats will work, but you’ll have to do some fab work. If you make the seats level, the motors clear fine on the power seats. But they are heavy seats. 

92-BBE139-3-A0-F-4-BDD-9-EAF-D2-C080-A0-free online image hosting

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1