15s or 16s on s30?

Ive been wanting to run 15s on my datsun for a while now. But I was thinking about running 16s now for the brake options. I know I can slam my car on 15s, but will it go as low with 16s? I have s13 stance coilovers waiting to go in and I dont want to run flares or pull the fenders much, I also want to track my car which is why I want brake options.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just don't go too wide, or too crazy of an offset, rolled fenders and you'll be fine. I'd got 15's, but it's really up to you.

If you can get two sets, one 15 and one 16, try them both on the track and see which you like more. But as far as slamming is concerned, I'd go 15.

Very true! Especially in 4 lug.

Im hoping Rota comes out with some more sizes for their grid v. I talked to Kim from Rota and theyre coming out with 15x9s, but I'm

not sure if they will be out in 16s yet. Im still waiting for a reply.

Very true! Especially in 4 lug.

Im hoping Rota comes out with some more sizes for their grid v. I talked to Kim from Rota and theyre coming out with 15x9s, but I'm

not sure if they will be out in 16s yet. Im still waiting for a reply.

You could always try for some Volk TE37's. Obviously more expensive, but you can get 16x7-8 in 114.3.

The VTO Classic 8's come in 16x7 +12 and 16x8 +3, both with the 4x114.3 bolt circle which should fit your car depending on tire size.

16x7 is $205/ea; 16x8 is $215/ea. Price includes valve stems, center caps and lugnuts, shipping is additional.

Pictures of VTO wheels on Datsuns (and a Sunbeam Tiger)

Link: http://www.futofab.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=8&Itemid=13

I would love some volks, but they're too expensive for me right now. Thanks for those links guys! Alex, i will try and do the same for you!I like Rotas because they look good and are cheap, but I would have a different set of rims for the track...hopefully

I would love some volks, but they're too expensive for me right now. Thanks for those links guys! Alex, i will try and do the same for you!I like Rotas because they look good and are cheap, but I would have a different set of rims for the track...hopefully

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Alex! Ive been watching your build thread and i cant wait to see these mounted! My Z is almost road worthy, i just have a warped strut tube holding me back:( Im going to wait to buy 16s until I figure out the brakes im going to run!

• Like 1