79 210, starting on interior now. Dash Removal?

ofg

I think the running gear is all sorted now. Been driving it occasionally and its reliable and fun. So, on to the interior. I have the head liner and related trim removed.Going to get some black vinyl and try to "restore" them myself.

Problem area is the dash pad. How in the heck does it come out?

Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt the dash is mounted any less securely than my B210 which was mounted with screws both up front top and all the way up in back (underside). I would suggest a shop manual for showing the dash pad removal, sticking your head/hand up back there and looking or remove the Dash entire to remove it.

For dash pad repair, grind down any cracked upraise plastic areas, fill in with bondo and sand smooth to shape. Get some Vinyl of the color/pattern you want and glue it to the dash pad, tuck the edges up under.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I have the interior completely gutted except for the dash of course. All my plastics are finished(coated in black bed liner) and look real nice. Head liner is re covered in black vinyl. New carpet just arrived today! I did not do the side cards. Just going to armour all them. Dash,,, Idunno. Was thinking of possibly using the expanding foam insulation stuff then sanding, filling and recovering in vinyl, or truck bed liner. I just wonder if the bed liner will continue to leak fumes. That would be bad.