Winter tyres for bluebird 411

hello. i got a cool offer on a datsun, but got worried about the tyres. in norway we need tyres with spikes or spikeless wintertyres

anyone knows where to buy them? what size are the tyres originaly? and is it a "preffered size" :-) and

looks like a cool car. and it seems in great condition.

regards audun

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I lived in Montana we had vicious winters. My work place parking lot exit was on a steep incline. I put "Cooper" brand 700R13 Titanium studded snow tires on my RL411. Never had a problem getting out of the parking lot that winter. By spring the Titanium studs had made a real mess of the concrete exit inclined ramp! Plenty of room in the rear wheel well for a 700R13 snow tire, probably not a good fit for the front wheel wells. If you go studded snow tires, keep track of which tire is on the left or right, they take a "set" and if mounted on the opposite side will throw the Titanium studs right through your wheel well or trunk floor.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, amasing how that 411 has survived, I'd be sad if I missed out

Almost took it to Belgium in the late 80s. Had a chance to go there for the Air Force, decided to stay in California and get the Navy Fleet Satellite vehicles in orbit. Got the whole 4 satellite constellation up and working. Best choice I ever made although my oldest daughter has probably not yet forgiven me for not letting her go to the Sorbonne instead of UC Santa Cruz.