1978 Datsun 210 ZX w/ an F.E.D Bodykit

Go EASY on me & Sorry for the REPOST,.. but I thought I would post this under the B210 section of the forum as well.,....

I am BRAND NEW to the Ratsun forum, but have been a Datsun/Nissan guy for years & years.

I just picked up a 1978 Datsun 210 ZX w/ an F.E.D Bodykit from a seller off Craigslist in DFW....

The car is in good shape (minus motor, tranny, drive shaft, & KEYS)

I am looking for more information on the ZX model & the FED body kit option.... I assume it was an aftermarket kit not offered at dealerships, but I am not sure...

This is what I've found so far:

529806_2888406053197_1351565350_32281244_1028275158_n.jpg

549289_2888405293178_1351565350_32281243_1044843794_n.jpg

551434_2888404653162_1351565350_32281242_921835391_n.jpg

datsun-210zx-1.jpg

datsun-210zx-2.jpg

datsun-210zx-3.jpg

I'd also be intersted in possible engine swap options and/or recommendations from the Ratsun B210 crowd...

My plan is to turn this into a full blown road race/track car that will compete in the 24 Hours of LeMons racing events...

Thanks,

-AW

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

f**nk disco. that is so awesome. there will be lots of issues behind that glass though, especially if it was stored outside. what a crazy time capsule. good luck.

Can't decide what I'm more happy about... That someone is trying to save it... Or that I won't have to see it reposted on craigslist weekly for another 2-3 years straight... :P

Oh.... It's going to be saved,... and live on to infamy...

DatsunFreak,. I could use some help with the project. I need a roll cage builder in DFW, and would appericate any suggestions you might have regarding mods for the track (engine options, suspension, etc....)

Thanks,

-AW

300?... is 500 still their spending limit on non safety/tire purchases?

I went to the race in Detroit when my friend's team entered a fake DMC Back to the Future car and it was lots of fun, with plenty of hurried emergency repairs. (they made a santa's sled, goodyear blimp, and Rambo truck in other years.)

DatsunFreak,. I could use some help with the project. I need a roll cage builder in DFW, and would appericate any suggestions you might have regarding mods for the track (engine options, suspension, etc....)

Got all that. :thumbup:

Shoot me an email: johnroperphoto@gmail.com

Ah dam! You beat me to this one. I was soooo going to try for this and just throw the a14 in my 210 into that and drive while I did an sr20 swap.

Cool car.....but I just gotta ask...what was the deal in the 70's with putting square headlights in everything??

I know right, looks like of those funky kit cars made from a VW bug. :blink: I was thinking about the headlight and had a great idea, take the headlight buckets from a z car and mold them into the front end, slap those clear covers on them and bam! It'd look Fing awesome!

...I'm glad that exists :D It's true to the whole B210 concept of looking weirder per square inch of sheetmetal than anything else for its price.

I'm sure in thirty years people will wonder what was up with projector lights and the 2000/10s... IIRC non-round headlights had just recently been made legal, so they were novel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...