Texas Project - 1978 Datsun 210 ZX w/ FED Bodykit

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've measured the bar of a 1200 and it comes in at 20mm thickness. Oddly enough a b210 at the junkyard had a 17mm bar. I've read on the 1200 site that the b210 swaybar was an upgrade, go figure.

I just went out and measured my 1200 swaybar with a pair of calipers and it was 20mm. However, the 1974 B210 swaybar is 18mm, mine measured at 18.9 probably due to dirt or a slight angle. According to the Datsun1200 site A14 B210s had a 20mm swaybar, with a 22mm one available aftermarket. But they list the B210 swaybar as larger on a different page and the 1200 swaybar as 17mm?? At least for what is sitting in my garage right now the 1200 swaybar is thicker and juts forward more (1200 is front sump), while having the same width to where it ties into the LCA's. I have stuck the 1200 swaybar under a 1974 B210 and the ends line up fine, with the mounts just needing a little very easy work to bolt to the frame rails.

298A8984-3A53-48C5-99DD-C56398EB95FF-822

Note for front sump KA's supposedly the 1200 does not need a flipped crossmember.

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Swaybar

We are in the process of swapping front springs for coil-overs w/ 300lb springs... Honestly with 300lb springs, I shouldn't need a front sway bar anymore (atleast thats what Ive been told).... 

Special THANKS to Techno Toy Tuning for helping me with the setup...

I'll post updated pics soon... www.facebook.com/ratsunracing

• 3 weeks later...