Texas Project - 1978 Datsun 210 ZX w/ FED Bodykit

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Le Mons is for cars $500 or less. You can do a "full blown race car" for that? Around here just the KA,tranmission and ECU cost that much used.

$500 is aquistion cost of the car.. saftey gear (i.e roll cage, racing seat, brakes, tires & wheels) do not count towards the $500 budget

http://www.24hoursof...esandrules.aspx

• 4.1: Total Investment in Vehicle Can Not Exceed $500: Except for items described in Rules 4.2 and 4.3, the total spent to purchase and prepare any car may not exceed $500.

• 4.1.1: Lame-Ass Rationalizations: Cars that "should be" worth $500 don't count; cars that "were worth $500" before you spent another $2000 to fix them don't count; cars you've owned for 20 years and spent more than $500 on during that time don't count; "it would have been worth $500 if it didn't already have a cage" doesn't count. Five hundred dollars means five hundred frickin' dollars.

[*]4.2: Safety Equipment DOES NOT Count Toward $500 Total: Safety equipment described in Section 3 DOES NOT count toward the $500 total. "Safety" refers to things that can save the driver--not things that can save the car.

• 4.2.1: Beside the items and processes listed in Section 3, the following are considered safety-related and therefore exempt:
        • Wheels, tires, wheel bearings, balljoints, and brake components
        • Exhaust systems downstream of the header/exhaust manifold (NOTE: Turbos and related components are NOT exempt from the $500 limit. Nice try.)
        • Windshields and wipers. (Stock windshields, true Lexan, or circle-track mesh are acceptable; non-Lexan plastic is not acceptable.)
        • Driver comfort & information (steering wheel, shifter, gauges, pedals, cool suits, vents, heaters, radio)
        • All fuel hoses, fuel fittings, fuel filters, and related mounts
        • All fuel-system components upstream of the fuel pump, including tanks/cells, mounts, fillers, vents, etc. (NOTE: Fuel pumps, carburetors, injection pumps, computers, and individual injectors are NOT exempt from the $500 limit.)

PLUS any $$$ you make back, by selling off parts of the car,... can be used towards the overall build fund.

Here's my breakdown:

LeMons Budget $500

1978 B210ZX via DFW Craigslist -$300

Balance = $200

SOLD - Dashtop +$75

SOLD - Rear View Mirror +$20

SOLD - DOME Light +$5

SOLD - Rear Seats +$51

SOLD - Center Console +20

SOLD - Interior Plastic Trim Pieces +$50

SOLD - Front Seat Belts +$20

SOLD - Rear Seat Belts +$25

SOLD DS Door Window +$50

SOLD PS Door Window +$50

SOLD DS Door Window Mechanics +$25

SOLD PS Door Window Mechanics +$25

NEW Total = $616

KA24E & Transmission from DatsunFreak -$250

Drive Shaft, Harness, & ECU off CL in OKC -$80

New Header from Ebay -$70

NEW Balance = $216

(plus I still have a several other pieces I could sell off including the custom door panels, DS&PS front seats, DS&PS mid-quarter glass, DS&PS rear-quarter glass, rear hatch glass, B210 AC compressor, metal dash subframe, complete dash, gauges, etc...)

Just FYI... I am now looking for an H190 rear-end w/ disc brakes & 280zx front struts.

oh please dont race this thing that thing needs to preserved not beaten on the track

too late.... B)

This car SCREAMS LeMons!!!... It has to be done...

BTW,.. would you guys rather see this thing rot away in someones garage,... or kick some Miata ass on the track & grace the pages of Car&Driver, Grassroots, & the interwebs...

oh please dont race this thing that thing needs to preserved not beaten on the track

I'd rather see it stalking the streets for it's next victim

Just because something is rare, doesn't mean it's desirable! I would love to see this flogged on the track, but I wouldn't be caught dead in it on the street. :P Keep it up prosperperformance. Make us proud!

hobbes I didn't say anything about it being rare or desirable, I think it would be funny to see the faces of kids driving there hondas as this wierd ugly car blows thier doors off

The rare part was directed at bonvo. me not being caught dead in that car on the street was for you ;) I'm not trying to start any drama, I just think if I was going to sacrifice a car to the24hr of lemons I would pick an ugly one like this. Plus it will get lots of attention and laughs, and that seems to be one of the goals for most lemons race teams. :)

• 2 weeks later...