Howdy New 320 Owner - 1965

dp320

Checking in from WA.

This looks like a more active forum that another one I joined.

I'm putting my fully rebuilt 1200 engine together at present.

Looks like I'll have to scavenge a starter off of my 1300 engine unless someone can point me to a source. I believe I've successfully ordered a new water pump, but communications have been a bit slow with the company.

I have about 5 generators, not sure if I should (or can?) get them rebuilt and re-use them, or if I should switch to a Chevy alternator.

I have two carburators, not clear yet if every piece is there between the two.

Not sure if I should attempt to rebuild my gas pump or just hope it works? Or use the scavenged one from the other engine? Are they still on the market?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun

Most switch over to negitive ground and switch to alternators, although I still have a positive ground truck, but it's not a daily driver, but it could be if I wanted to work on the brakes.

My driver 320 has a toyota alternator, and is negitive ground.

A few members have rebuilt there fuel pumps, with mixed results, but I would do everything possible to stay with the stock type mechanical pump, are you sure yours doesn't work?

Where are you located in washington?

We like photos a lot on Ratsun, if you can't figure out how to post photos of your ride/truck, PM me and we'll get a couple posted for you, you might start hearing stuff like oics.(photos) or ban, don't let them scare ya, their just photo whores.

I hope your located near me, as so far I am the only 320 that shows up regular at the datsun meets in the area, but there are a few around here.

I haven't really got into the 1200 engines myself, my daily was already running good when I bought it, so I didn't mess with a good thing, but there are others on here that have worked on theres, and they will likely answer your engine/engine accessory questions better than me.

Welcome new 65 owner. I also have a 65 320. Mine is 100% stock and I still have the original positive ground generator. I have had it rebuilt 2 times at a local shop that does generators, alternators and starters.

Dale - AZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...