Lug nut rant

ronnny

Got some wheels tires and nuts. The lug nuts i was gave (got for free), are 12 x1.5 which is what autozone and advance list as what are on my truck. A few messed up studs later I checked and have 1/2-20 studs. Stanard on a truck that should be metric. But any way if advance and autozone list as my truck being 12mm and not the 1/2 the idiots for sure would not be able to get the right ones since thier computer will not tell them. So where can i go other than the nissan dealer to get a few new studs? I do not like to order of line, i like to see what i am getting. Life is good. Things like this just keep them interesting.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me like someone changed the studs in the past and either used what they had or what ever was cheapest. Change em out. To to the jy and a hammer and go at it. Back ones are easy to get if you can get the drums off.

Sorry been working a bit and not done anything. Since i have a set of the right style lug nut in a 12x1.5 will go get a couple and see if they go in the spindle right. If they do i will change all of them to the same. I would really like to find some cheap steel 16" wheels but i have not looked for them yet either. The problem is most newer trucks do not run a locking hub on the front so most have a 3" center and not a 4" center. Thanks for the input yall. May be my easter weekend project.