Stock Rims Question...

i am 24 and recently just bought my first ever 1969 Datsun 521 and i am really excited with the possibilitites this car has to offer i am happy to have found a site like this with people that share all the same experiences and love these cars as much as i do but i have a couple of questions id like to ask....?

1.Where could i find some Stock Rims like in Example A with the chrome hubcap in the middle?

2.If not what are they called?

3.What is the Actual Stock Size of those rims or the best looking stock hubcaps

4.If anyone has the stock rims would you be willing to trade for my rims and tires i have on them now.

5.Question 5 isnt a question but i would like everyone who has datsun stock rims to post there pics on here i would like to see them to get some ideas for my Datsun thank you my fellow ratsuners!

EXAMPLEDatsun1971.jpg

MY 69" Datsun 521

photo.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

someone on here is bound to have a set you can buy off 'em.

i believe the stock size is 14x5.5 but someone correct me if i'm wrong. I searched for a while for a set of caps and i recently came up on them. just waiting on em. here's a few pics of mine. I've got 175/70R14 tires. they're skinny and its the look i was going for.

DSC02759.jpg

DSC02736.jpg

DSC02733.jpg

oh and welcome. this is the best site for datsuns and shenanigans period. nice truck too. looks pretty clean. I like the color.

here's a set on ebay. These are for a 620 but they should fit the 521 wheel.

http://www.ebay.com/...ca5f24a&vxp=mtr

The rims you have in the first picture are just some sort of steelie with hubcaps on. The hub caps you want to pick up are either called "dog dish's" or "baby moons." You can purchase stock rims anywhere in the bolt pattern you need super cheap or you can buy newer steel rims from a place like Aero/Diamond/Bassett/Bart and stick the hubcaps on those. The rims arent important because they will be covered by the caps.

Welcome to the site.

This example photo is a 520 with stock rims and hubcaps, and they are getting harder to find all the time.

Datsun1971.jpg

These are 620 dogdish type hubcaps on a 1979 620 wheel, or maybe it's a roadster rim, but they will fit all the stock rims from 1963 threw 1979.

The dogdish datsun 620 hubcaps are much easier to find.

100_0087.jpg

Here is a close up of the 521 hubcap on a stock wheel, keepn mind that this is on a truck that has sat since 1994, so it is a bit rusty.

DSCN0062.jpg