Nissan Patrol

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I called the guy & talked with him to see if he'd sell one of them individually. Incredibly nice guy. Aparently these have shown up on other forums too,& he's had some negative comments about pricing,& condition. He was kind of offenced by that,so if you contact him try to follow the same rules you would use on Ratsun's classified sections. He's going to e-mail me some pic's,prices,etc. Aparentlt there is a bunch of literature om these there also. One of tgem is a "Roy Rodgers" special edition. I told him that I know almost nothing about these vehicles,but would like to own one someday. He thought that importing them into the states shouldn't be that difficult. Just a matter of fileing the rigjt paperwork. Anyway,i'll post what I find out,hope this helps someone get some of these.

He's probably unhappy about my comments, but  2 of us here on ratsun have seen them and I stand by mine that these are pretty rough for the prices that were posted the day I toured...  half these rigs were stored in a leaking wetbelt greenhouse for  decade or so... several were left outside in wetcoast weather for 20 years, and only a couple were in dry storage, the worst were essentially "steamed" into rust buckets. 

If you want a fair unbiased assessment from a datsun expert who is just 8 blocks away , call Ross a sportsimports.ca   He toured the lot with me and can give you a very good assessment as both a restore and parts collector of classic Nissans and Datsuns.   

Ross would likely, for a fee, help yo get them into the states as he works  8 blocks from the commercial border crossing, has storage on both sides, and brokers parts and cars all the time

Sports Imports

Box 1794, Blaine, WA 98231-1794
Phone: 604.538.5615
Fax: 604.535.3538

info@sportsimports.ca

Merlin, your comments didn't seem rude to me,so I doubt they offended him either,but who knows. I'm only interested in getting one of them as a project,eventual driver. Not looking to restore one,definately not more than one. I hven't gotten the e-mail from him yet,so we'll see. I'm not really a 4x4 guy either. I just like the look of patrols,the idea of driving one with the top down in the summer,&maybe a little mild off road driving,nothing hard core. I don't know if one of these is really for me yet.

Merlin, your comments didn't seem rude to me,so I doubt they offended him either,but who knows. I'm only interested in getting one of them as a project,eventual driver. Not looking to restore one,definately not more than one. I hven't gotten the e-mail from him yet,so we'll see. I'm not really a 4x4 guy either. I just like the look of patrols,the idea of driving one with the top down in the summer,&maybe a little mild off road driving,nothing hard core. I don't know if one of these is really for me yet.

Honestly you'd be better off getting an cali/Az or Oregon one  that is a dry rough runner that needs an overhaul than one of these. 

You may save a grand or 2 on the purchase price upfront on one of these ones, but you'll pay it 3-5 times over  at the back end in resto costs vs a dry belt rig...

I have been emailing the guy and I would have to say the prices are steep...not because of his price but my financial situation. As hard as Patrols are getting to find and parts to I think they are completly worth it. If I had the money I would be in Canada right now picking up the "Roy Rodgers" special. I don't know for a fact that it is but I have never seen one quite like that before and that would be the only explanation I could think of. Basically it boils down to right place at the right time. I have seen some in that shape go for the same and seend them for less. I got a extremely good deal on my current two but the one I have fixed up needed alot of work and the other one is just parts. If indeed the one that he has is a Roy Rodgers model it is probably worth way MORE than he is asking. For someone that wanted to use all original parts from a patrol it would be worth it for the parts.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.