Nissan Patrol

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

going to view the hoarde tomorrow... its a somewhat closed tour, but I will take lots of pics... Ross from Sports Imports is coming along for the assessment and Zchopper might make it too.

If someone buys the entire lot, and decides to part it out, I may be looking for a nicer tub than my truck has.Besides that, I don't need much of anything.

I've heard mention of this Ross at Sports Imports. He's not the same guy from White Rock Sports and Imports, is he? Down on King George Highway at Crescent Road? I sure hope not. :(

Okay , here' s the thing full photobucket album http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h474/Merlin_Blackwell/Mobile%20Uploads/patrolhoarde/

here's a few select pics, more are coming from the guy doing the deal...his name is Rod MacDonnell 1-604-869-3665 scoutpluss@telus.net

There are maybe 4 which could be restored, but it ain't going to be fast cheap or easy ... there's only one that i could see that might be ready to drive in some form... don't have pics of it as it is "trapped in a barn". If you are seriously interested, talk to Rod, bring cash and a trailer... Rod has pricing on the good rigs and i think that OBO pricing incudes a free parts rig or two. several still have Washington/oregon plates.. most have later 90's insurance decals.

I might grab a parts rig in 2 weeks, but thats it for me, they are too far way for me to grab.. it would take 8 trips with my set up which would be 3k in diesel... Ross at Sports Imports says this is too much for him to tackle... it would a be a multi year part out and he doesn't have the time, space or energy.

When parked, alot of these were in okay shape, but 10-20 years inside in a a leaky wetbelt greenhouse hasn't done some of them any favors... These would be multi-year labours of love for sure.

IMG_1220.jpgIMG_1216.jpgIMG_1205.jpgIMG_1198.jpgIMG_1210.jpgIMG_1187.jpg

Hey Merlin,

I'm sure you didn't look tooooo closely, but did you happen to notice any 69's, that are worth snagging for parts? I sure could use a nicer floor section, and/or a better tub. I might have to call him and go have a look. Did he seem reasonable on pricing for a parts truck?

There were several 69/70's, You'll have to go look to see if there's any that are better than yours that are on a parts rig.

Yeah, I sent an email to Rod, he replied this morning, so we'll be setting something up in the next week or 2. Figure if the price is fair, and I can get a decent tub, anything else I pull off is gravy.

Patrol stuff only fits patrols and is monstrous compared to the trucks... you can swap in a 90s ford explorer rear axle and an FJ40 front for the patrol, but no one swaps patrol axles onto anything... the brakes suck and parts are near unobtainium.

• 7 months later...

i was going to check on them and see if he still has a few...i need a parts rig... the majority were going to be sent to the crusher as they were sooooooooooooo rusty. Gotta find the guys business card who was brokering the deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Guessing these are the 7 restorable ones? The yellow one at the top, is the one that's listed on CL.

I just wonder how the hell does a guy acquire FOURTEEN Nissan Patrols????

Hello Everybody,

This is my first post here. Heard about your site from an old neighbor, and new co-worker.

The awnser to your question is meet a guy like me that has looked at every Patrol for sale in the area. I owned Patrol no. 1,2 4,5 and another one not pictured. I had seven at one point, maybe eight? I will look thru my pictures. If you have a hard time contacting the owner let me know. I can help make contact.

I still have one 66 Patrol. Its a rusty old dog, but runs great. I will get some pictures of my beater on here later.

• 2 weeks later...
Damn wish I could convince my wife that we need one. How hard is it to get an old Nissan like this from BC and bring it over to say Washington?

Damn wish I could convince my wife that we need one. How hard is it to get an old Nissan like this from BC and bring it over to say Washington?

Pain in the ass, ask my dad, he bought art hughes 510 and had alot of trouble with bringing it over. They even forgot to have him sign some stuff at the border that he again had to sign again and send it. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.