So many parts, i dont know where to start.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't need anything, I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK!!! I have had dealings with such people before and getting them to be realistic on pricing is a major hurdle. I'd almost run up there myself to take a truckload of parts to Norcal.

BTW- Dave Rebello is in need of L18 and A series cores. He'd probably take all of the L18's.

I'm in need of a few things for a 280z...

Namely, set of rims, 15' if you can find any.

Also a set of 240z carbs, a 280z headlight/wiper steering column swith and turn signal switch.

A drivers interior 280z door panel would be nice as well.

Not in a hurry for anything, so take your time and thank you so much for doing this for the Datsun community :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have a 1974 620 was interested in the black plastic panels that I believe might have only came in the king cab trucks or trucks with bucket seats. This part is not to be confused with the metal floor guards in the door jam area but is on the floor in that area. I have checked with Nissan and they don't even know what they are called. They are found on the inside of the truck on the outsides of the seats and they have a screw on each end of them to hold them to floor as to look like they cover the floor board so you can't really see under the seats. They are I would say three or so inchs wide and about 18 inchs or so long. I believe they make them as pairs, a left and a right. If you could please let me know yes or no if there is a set I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Darin

CHUG CHUGA CHUGA.... Chuga.....Chuga.......chuga............. chug.....*pffff*

And there we have it.

ya basically. it happens alot, run across these older guys and seems like something can happen so you start talking and getting things together and they become uninterested in parting with anything all of the sudden or they want way too much money...

Keep in mind zack said from the beginning this would be a slow moving thread. I'm sure all our requests will be answered as he gets parts inventoried.

^^^^this^^^^ be patient guys considering how many messages Zack has most likely gotten about these parts + his personal life and work. I bet he is very very busy, untill he comes back and says the old guy backed out etc..don't worry about it. Zack will respond when he has time..

• Like 1

^^^^this^^^^ be patient guys considering how many messages Zack has most likely gotten about these parts + his personal life and work. I bet he is very very busy, untill he comes back and says the old guy backed out etc..don't worry about it. Zack will respond when he has time..

Just for the record, I wasn't going after Zack. He seemed honestly motivated, but along with others here I suspect the breakdown may be with the old[er] guy (it's all relative, I'm 47, so I'm the 'old guy' to many here). Anyway, lots of people with parts like that are hoarders and keep stuff just for the sake of keeping it. Then they get to a point in their life and think "well I need to clear some of this stuff out" but when that starts to become a reality they back off by either shutting down on you or price things so high that it kills the deal anyway (effectiively killing motivation in people like our good Zack here !). Lots of things can go on, they start thinking "it'll be worth more if I keep it longer" or "this young kid is moving too fast for me, so he might be trying to cheat me", etc, etc. What ultimately happens, the dude dies and then his relatives sell the whole pile for scrap because they don't know what they've got or what to do with it and they have to get on with their own lives.

Then I think there's the ones that just keep a pile of parts like that to stir up some excitment in their life once in a awhile, but they know if they sell it people will stop coming by to talk with them about it. There's a guy down in San Diego that has a yard full of parts and I've seen his ads on craigslist numerous times over the last 3 years and it's always with the same stuff, sounds great/looks great, but something is wrong because he never seems to get rid of those same parts. Meanwhile, rust never sleeps.

Ahhh but this is all speculation at this point in this case. I guess just cool our heels until Zack comes back to respond. What's it been... about 3 weeks now?