6 x 5.5 / 6 x 139.7mm truck rims/wheels "Hallye's Comet, just landed" RARE

History of Wheels

My uncle grew up around the mini-truck lowrider era and purchased these wheels brand new in 1986. He doesn't remember what brand/manufacture the wheels are and how much he purchased them for, but he remembers they were expensive. He said the wheels were expensive and that it took him another year (spring 1987), just to save up to purchase tires for the wheels. That same year (summer 1987), he also saved up enough money to purchase a Mazda B2000 pick-up truck.

In the late summer of 1987, he lowered the truck and finally mounted the wheels on. In 1991 he got married, sold the Mazda B2000 truck but kept the wheels. After he got married, he had a baby and started a family. The wife, a family and a job took up most of his time, so he stored the wheels (winter of 1991).

In the summer of 2011 my uncle purchased his first house. He had asked my younger brother and I, to help him packed up his belongings and move to the new house. On the third day of packing and moving, my brother stumbled upon the wheels in the corner of the garage. My brother picked up one wheel and carried it over to show my uncle.

He replies, "Wow, I forgot all about those rims." He then elaborated, "I purchased the rims brand new in 1986 and stored them in 1991...wow, it has been approximately 20 years (1991-2011), since I last saw them." He replied, "Go ahead, you guys can keep the rims for helping me pack up and move my belongings to my new house." We replied, "Are you sure?" He replied, "Yes, I'm positive because a wife, five kids and a new home....and my mini-truck lowrider days are long gone, so I won't have any use for them."

Wheels Specifications

Brand: ROTA ITALIA - Lizencia Italia

Model: Racing Turbo Conti-Plus II

Rim/Wheel Diameter: 15 inches

Rim/Wheel Width: 8 inches

Rim/Wheel Backspace: 4 inches

Offset: -12mm

Bolt Pattern: 6x5.5 or 6x139.7mm

Hub Bore: 4.25 inches or 107 mm

Wheel Contruction: 1 piece

Rims/Wheels Condition

There are slight minor surface pitting on the front side face of all 4 wheels. One wheel has a yellowish stain on the front side face. There are very slight minor curb rashes on the wheels. According to my uncle, the wheels are true, straight with no bends and cracks. They were his favorite wheels, so held onto and lugged them around for approximately 26 years and has stored them to the best knowledge that he knew how.

Please keep in mind that these wheels are approximately 26 years old and they are used. If you are in the market for new wheels in perfect condition, look somewhere else. The wheels can be used, as is condition. The present condition of the wheels, will fit the Ratsun theme just fine. However, if you like shiny wheels, you can recondition/restore them as well. This will be the new owner’s choice/decision.

Please do not ask me to rate the condition of the wheels from a scale of 1-10. I am not an appraiser and I don't claim to be one. We know everyone has their own opinion(s). I will not rate the condition of the wheels because I don't want to mislead the buyer and cause any problems.

Price of rims/wheels

The asking price is $950.00 (O.B.O). This asking price of $950.00 O.B.O. is included with shipping (shipping carrier choice of buyer), shipping insurance, tracking numbers, boxes to box wheels and the 3% Paypal fee. Yes, I know this is Ratsun and some of you members on here are probably saying, thinking and wondering wow, $950.00 for a set of rims? This may sound like a ridiculous asking price to some of you, but this is the first and only set I have ever seen. They are indeed, very rare.

Please, also keep in mind that this asking price of $950.00 is not set in stone (the Or Best Offer was included with the asking price). Our dream, was to keep them and install them onto a Datsun 720 pick-up and have one of the best Datsun 720's to ever cruise the streets of California. However plans have changed. My younger brother and I have come to realize that at a certain point and time in life, certain things and or everything are for sale, for the right price. These wheels are rare, so if the price offered is within reasonable means, they will sell. When they sell, we will be sad to see them go but as long as they are installed on a Datsun truck, then that's all that matters and we will be happy.

Again, the asking price is $950.00 O.B.O. Any other reasonable offers will be entertained. This is the internet (a web forum), and we are only human, if you criticize, please keep it civilized. We are easy to deal with. We are also serious sellers and are looking for a serious buyer. At the moment, we are only taking cash and no trades.

*** Make an offer and if it's not a price we have in mind, the worst we can say is no. If you have been looking for a nice set of rims/wheels in 6x5.5 or 6x139.7mm bolt pattern, do not sleep on this set and let these slip away. These rims/wheels are rare and this is the only time that they'll be offered for sale. Once they are sold, it'll be like "Halley's Comet", you will not see it again until who knows (???).

Shipping, handling and method of payment

I have sold many car parts on other car forums. However, I have never sold and shipped wheels. We are easy to deal with, we will do our best and will work with the buyer to make this sale a smooth transaction. The preferred method of payment would be Paypal.

If you are the buyer, your job and responsibility is to make sure we receive the money and when the money clears, our job and responsibility is to make sure you receive your item/product. We (the seller), will keep you informed and up to date with every step of the transaction. Again, we are easy to deal with. We are also serious sellers looking for a serious buyer. We are serious, and no games will be played with this sale.

If the buyer is local and wishes to arrange to pick up the wheels to save on shipping price, we can do that too. And if the buyer would like to meet us halfway, we can also do this too. But, payment must be paid through Paypal and we must receive payment before making any arrangements for pick up and to meet up with you.

*** We are from Central, California. Approximately 1 hour southeast of Fresno and appproximately 1 hour northeast of Bakersfield.

JewelsCC041.jpg

JewelsCC042.jpg

JewelsCC045.jpg

JewelsCC046.jpg

JewelsCC048.jpg

JewelsCC054.jpg

JewelsCC055.jpg

JewelsCC056.jpg

JewelsCC057.jpg

JewelsCC058.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DSC05812.jpg

DSC05813.jpg

DSC05814.jpg

DSC05815.jpg

DSC05817.jpg

DSC05818.jpg

It just finished raining here. I will take more pictures and post them up when the weather clears up. If you want a certain picture of a certain rim/wheel of the 4 wheels, let me know and I will do what I can. Thank you.

deathrace2000

Thank you for the information of the brand/manufacture. And thank you for the kinds words. I just checked out your two links; irony.cc and 6lugthugs.com. You have some awesome pictures and information on there.

You are a hard to the core, 6 lug wheel whore.

Again, thank you for the rim/wheel brand/manufacture information. I will be sure to re-edit the for sale ad.

ZackTheImpaler

Thank you for the kind words. I hope they sell on ratsun here and get put to good use.

With deathrace2000's information/knowledge, I've done more research and found this:

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5985

Thank you deathrace2000, it is proof and official that the brand/manufacture is ROTA - ITALIA - Lizencia Italia. You should change your screen name to Dr. 6 lugs or Professor 6 lugs. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.