Jordan's Fully Caged, Flared, Tubbed 72 SR 510

510 OC

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget, there are wilwood rears with e-brake connectors. Not sure why, but Ermish doesn't sell those. You can source them yourself if you spend some time looking however.

Okay, thanks for the heads up dude. I'll have to do some research  B)

Like I said, you are an OC"D" powered MoFo. Hey if you're ever see Performance Machine in O.C.C, check in with my buddy Rick Pruse and tell him Ron says Hi. He's the custom wheel CNC Dude there and a really good guy. Also an OCD old school two stroke RD nut.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for not posting in awhile, been super busy with work. I've been doing some metal work here and there on the 510. Also the other day i picked up some new seats. Here's a few quick teaser pics of how they will look when installed! 

photo189_zps8de65bd5.jpg

photo188_zps95540978.jpg

photo217_zpsb27b5958.jpg

photo117_zps58755abd.jpg

• Like 5

Why is the steering column up so far? 

The seats are so far back. 

Maybe an optical illusion.... 

It's an optical illusion bro.  :lol:

The steering column is still not done yet and the seats may look far back because i'm 6'3 and have long legs. Seats are going to sit a bit higher too with the side mounts. 

This thread is crammed full of awesomeness, but one question. With all the fab skills why not go with a different rear suspension design?

With the custom rear control arms i'm going to run i'll be able to stuff a 10" wide wheel in the rear if i wanted which is totally enough. I might go with a different rear suspension design though if i get my hands on a R200, will see.. 

Wow just finished up reading this thread!!! cant believe i havnt seen it before  :sneaky: i guess you have shown me what a 510 can truly be, keep it up i cant wait for more pics and to see this thing tearing up the track!!!!!!!

:crying: .......makes my car look silly.......  :crying:

• Like 3

Im doing something different eventually for that sake of a better design, not knocking on datsun but semi rear trailing arm doesn't give the best performance

All true Q-tip, but you have to admit, despite it's shortcomings the stock 510's STA rear suspension has, it's still holding its own after 40 years. Hell the BMW M3 still rocks a STA, That being said, I too have been longing for better performance and greater adjustability. 

Here's an idea I've thrown around for a while.

Linkage.png

Kind of a live trailing arm with one big spherical joint at the X-member and active camber control arms at the hub. I realize the geometry would require some engineering, but...

• Like 2

Here's an idea I've thrown around for a while.

Linkage.png

Kind of a live trailing arm with one big spherical joint at the X-member and active camber control arms at the hub. I realize the geometry would require some engineering, but...

That's is really similar to what I was thinking of doing, utilize the stock crossmemeber and modify everything else.