320 manual trans.

Tmack

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes sorry, That would be a stick, on the floor.

In this country everything except late 65 320s were column shift 4 speeds as far as I know.

You might be able to use a J block 4 speed from a 520/521 if you get the adapter plate with the transmission, I think that is how it works, but I have been wrong before.

If all else fails, you could always put a J block/tranny combo in your truck, you would need the complete J block motor mount assembly from the frame to the engine, it bolts and unbolts from the frame, it would be wise to also get the wiring harness and make the switch to an alt.

That might work , as it sits I do not have the proper trans for it, I just got this truck it's a complete project.

I do have a trans. that was bolted to th engine but it is about 2 inches longer then the original.

Is the transmission in the picture available.

In this country everything except late 65 320s were column shift 4 speeds as far as I know.

You might be able to use a J block 4 speed from a 520/521 if you get the adapter plate with the transmission, I think that is how it works, but I have been wrong before.

If all else fails, you could always put a J block/tranny combo in your truck, you would need the complete J block motor mount assembly from the frame to the engine, it bolts and unbolts from the frame, it would be wise to also get the wiring harness and make the switch to an alt.

My 320 has four on the floor up here on van island I have a spare but shipping would kill ya....

I am from the Seattle area, I would be willing to travel.

Is it a good working trans, and how much.

Never used it so dont know condition cant guarantee its good .not sure what to ask for it .

never thought anybody would be interested in my junk. have you tryed tanna down that way she has lots of parts trucks

do you have the tranny hump for the four speed.I dont think I have the clutch for it.

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

• 2 weeks later...