My header design!

WARNING, NO DATSUN CONTENT!

So my dad is building a '92 Civic hatch for a drag car, and he's planning on running a HUGE turbo in the bumper. Well I decided to design a custom header for him so that I could get some more experience with AutoCAD (I've been doing it for 4 years, but any experience helps) and this is my first time messing with 3D Modelling. Check it out and let me know what you think :D

23k6y6o.jpg

k1c2ad.jpg

2wlvitx.jpg

4u751j.jpg

I'm working on getting some L6 and L4 header flange dimensions so that I can design a header for some Datsuns :D

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

which engine is it?, because I see that the headers are for a longitudinal engine.

It's going on a B18 with a B16 header aka LS/V. This header is made so that the turbo is positioned in the front bumper, that's why it looks the way it does.

It's going on a B18 with a B16 header aka LS/V. This header is made so that the turbo is positioned in the front bumper, that's why it looks the way it does.

I know hondas as much as I know about astrophysics. The thing is that is If design something like this I will end up with a pretzel haha great job!!

Also, the longer exhaust gasses remain in the pipes, the colder the molecules get. As you Probably know, cold air is denser and heavier than hot air. Make smooth transitions as stated, and make sure to make the turbo flange thick. I believe stainless is the best route to go

WARNING, NO DATSUN CONTENT!

So my dad is building a '92 Civic hatch for a drag car

my question is why even the good hondas are built to handle so why make it a drag car? the weight transfer is also working against a fwd vehicle i never understood the point in doing this

B-series engines have a HUGE aftermarket. Hell even the D-series gets a decent amount of love. B is to D as SR is to KA more or less.

Just looking at it without any frame of reference as to size it seems awful long. Just for the sake of showing it, here's 92-95 civic with a B-series so people can see how it's laid out:

3849d1186675013-engine-bay.jpg

Looks like it'd stick out past the bumper. But then again I'm just looking at 2 pictures. Looks cool though.

^^ This.

But seriously turboHLs30, it's an awesome start. Major props for just even bothering to create rather than buy an existing solution (if there even is such).

i agree i think its awesome hes making his own header for it but the question still stands lol

dj lotus yes i know they have support and i know they can be an impressive little engine bit i never understood why people take cars that are designed to handle mand make them so they only go in a straight line hence my original question

My friend has a turbo D15 bought a kit for it off of fleabay, they sent him a bigger Turbo... Lol

But thr header design is interesting, it mounts the turbo in front of the radiator. So far it holds up pretty good after i messed around with it. He disconnected the wasegate since it's external, and is running full boost full time. He wonders why the revs won't go past 2500 rpm. Lol

90-degree angles SEVERELY hinder exhaust gas flow. Can you find any way to do paired 45-degree turns or longer radius turns? Other wise pretty damn awesome... except, isn't it for a turbo? Where is that going to bolt up?

I'm going to try and fix that, I really didn't like that I did that. I might just reroute that one that has a back to back 90. See above post about the turbo lol

my question is why even the good hondas are built to handle so why make it a drag car? the weight transfer is also working against a fwd vehicle i never understood the point in doing this

It will be able to handle too if needed. It's got coils, sways, traction, bar, etc. So it should be able to handle.

^^ This.

But seriously turboHLs30, it's an awesome start. Major props for just even bothering to create rather than buy an existing solution (if there even is such).

Thanks man! My dad was talking about paying someone else to design and build a manifold for him. So I figured I'd design it, and then find someone that can do the welding for me. I don't think someone sells a remote mount manifold anyway, so it would have to be custom.

B-series engines have a HUGE aftermarket. Hell even the D-series gets a decent amount of love. B is to D as SR is to KA more or less.

Just looking at it without any frame of reference as to size it seems awful long. Just for the sake of showing it, here's 92-95 civic with a B-series so people can see how it's laid out:

Looks like it'd stick out past the bumper. But then again I'm just looking at 2 pictures. Looks cool though.

It's going to be shortened up ALOT, so that won't be a problem.

• 5 weeks later...