Ball joint spacers

poor-mans-720

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reindexing is pretty easy, and makes the ride quality better. you'll get more lift out of it, if you do it too. I would use washers at first if you're doing the shims, just to see how thick you need them. Im sure it wouldn't be very much needed. Shims are usually sold in the mm range...

So these things haven't done a single thing for my truck. No lift, just camber issues. And to be honest I'm bout ready to just ghost ride this thing off a damn cliff. I haven't spent all day fighting every inch of a vehical in my life. Not even my z car is this bad. Reindexing the t bars? That was a joke. Ended up lowering it. Then tried it again. Still lost lift. Went from being lowered to stink buggin like crazy. I don't fuckin get it. I've done everything you guys have tolld me and its gotten me absolutely no where. I'm seriously just thinkin bout lowering it again and just calling it a day. I'm so sick of this damn truck and all the issuse it has caused me today.

haha, if lifting a datsun was easy, everyone would do it... Its a balance. have to find it, and its tough. I have re-indexed mine 4 times, to get them exactly where i want them to be... And the spacers, work, just have to adjust torsion bars to make them work..

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
On 3/14/2012 at 5:24 PM, poor-mans-720 said:

well I was going to machine them 1.5"

Thinking about a 10 truck mass order. so 20 pieces at 1.5"

If any one wants a shorter one, say 1", let me know so I can adjust the material needed.

I am thinking with the rate of the machine shop I am using, 6061 aluminum, and the necessary bolts and washer and shipping...

I am thinking roughly that the price would be $50-$60 dollars. That is way on the high end though, because I would much rather say, "oops it'll $30, not $50" then "oops it'll be $50, not $30"

so that is just my rough estimate that i worked up today. Going to check some more machine shops out a in downtown. figure they might be cheaper, and some more metal yards for material.

This I am thinking is a good estimate, they are still $50 dollars cheaper then 4x4parts.com. They charge $89 for 1" spacers, and dont forget the shipping. $15 dollars to puyallup Wa for me, could be more or less for you. So $50 shipped to ya, via postal service by me. Is a pretty good deal. half off pretty much.

If i can get enough people to go for it, I am going to do it. If not, just going to make my own. so lets get some opinions... whatta yall think?

Second order of business, can anyone post pics of 2wd ball joints, or have any knowledge of the diffrence between 2 and 4wd. 4x4.com made it seem like they are both the same and would fit either.

But rough sketch, $50

(2)-1.5" aluminum spacers

(4)-Grade 8 2'' long bolts, and lock washers

set of instructions for the clueless, drawn up, by the none other then the badass, me...

Do you still have the ability to make some ball joint spacers for the 720? I know I'm about 10 years late to the party but just resurrected an 82 4x4 and want to get it a little taller.

Thanks,

Shaun 

59 minutes ago, 720trail4x4 said:

Do you still have the ability to make some ball joint spacers for the 720? I know I'm about 10 years late to the party but just resurrected an 82 4x4 and want to get it a little taller.

Thanks,

Shaun 

He hasnt been here since 2020.   Looks like you can still get some there tho?

https://www.4x4parts.com/i-18915090-720-pick-up-ball-joint-spacers.html

• Like 1