• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had already handed in the keys, and the guys were out at lunch when I rolled back around to take some personal pictures (I work for a dealership as a photographer) so I couldn't move the car. 

I couldn't get Madonna Mt. fully in the shot without that post being there either... and besides, I kind of like have the foreground - subject - background focus complexity. 

If you are open to a little help/criticism, read below. If not, stop now.   ^_^

Well done on this one.   :thumbup:

To prove that I do know how to stage a car lol. 

untitled-8505_zps79w3mryu.jpg

This one could use a little work. A lower f-stop would get that building a little blurrier, which would help. As would photoshopping the animal hospital sign out. The bush sitting on top of the spoiler and the pole coming out of the bush kinda kills it a bit, though. The brick pillar and steel crossbar coming out of the windshield is a similar issue. 

Still better than 99.99999% of the pics posted on this website, but I can tell you actually care about doing a good job, so....  ^_^

untitled-8491_zpsp0xrf4gt.jpg

• Like 2

If you are open to a little help/criticism, read below. If not, stop now.   ^_^

Well done on this one.   :thumbup:

This one could use a little work. A lower f-stop would get that building a little blurrier, which would help. As would photoshopping the animal hospital sign out. The bush sitting on top of the spoiler and the pole coming out of the bush kinda kills it a bit, though. The brick pillar and steel crossbar coming out of the windshield is a similar issue. 

Still better than 99.99999% of the pics posted on this website, but I can tell you actually care about doing a good job, so....  ^_^

Always appreciate criticism. 

I had been taking these photos fairly quickly, and didn't change up my aperture settings (I think I was running something like f4.0 on that second shot), I ended up fixing that issue with some other photos, but I really liked the general framing of that flat side shot. 

Definitely think you're right though, that particular lens will go to a f/1.8 (though it's really sharpest after about 2.4) . I should have taken the time to do that with this one. I think ideally you wouldn't be able to read the writing on the building at all. 

Unfortunately I couldn't do too much about the setting... there were people parked on either side of that building (you can see one near the nose of the car), and I shot this car after getting chewed out (kinda) by my boss because he thinks my normal spot is too far away (not that time really matters since I come in for as long as I need to to actually finish all the photos). Otherwise I shoot on top of a parking garage with the San Luis Obispo mountains in the background, makes for some really cool "money shots". 

This pics not perfect at all, but it's the right spot and using the same lens (which I acquired recently and so don't have that many photos with it yet).. stupid seagull wouldn't move at all... chased him away twice -- and the clouds make the reflection kind of hard to ignore on the hood. 

untitled-6911_zpsctsy40sz.jpg

• Like 3