"Lola" the 620 (now with moar oics!)

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've finally got around to getting under the truck today, got the passenger side ball joints replaced, about to start on the drivers side because I cant get the center link and driver side tie rod off

problem:

I don't have a pickle bar

I don't have a ton of room underneath to swing a hammer

Started taking the nut off the (what I would assume is a pitman arm?) shaft that comes off the drivers side steering gearbox thingamajigger. I stopped though and am thinking maybe just picking up a pickle bar tomorrow? <good idea?

wow, 3 days and one broken hammer later...

finally got all the tie rods in, grease up and torqued down.

just getting ready to finish up the drivers side ball joints and then I'll have the truck back on the ground again, turn it around in the garage and start the rust repair before I finish up the fuel tank mounting and lines

decently productive weekend

on a side note.... my steering wheel still has some play in it and I'm not liking that

and I'm a little confused.

I have all my emission stuff still hooked up (makes carb work a PITA) and noticed one of the lines that goes from the carbon canister goes to my tank.... So in theory... if I delete all my emission junk, does that line disappear?