"Lola" the 620 (now with moar oics!)

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I don't think Portland is the PNW; It's like 3 hours from the Puget Sound. Oh well, I just thought you were a lot closer.

I thought the PNW was oregon, idaho and washington?

Oregon, Idaho, and Washington make up the Northwest. The area around the Puget sound is the Puget Northwest.

I'm guessing only the people close to Puget sound call it that....for most people, PNW is Pacific Northwest....which as mentioned is OR, ID, and WA

Southerners :rofl: :rolleyes: How can you be North West when I am in Southern BC which is north of you

• 3 weeks later...

towed the truck up to seattle, rebuilt the stock hitachi... got some more tuning to do, picking up a narrowband o2 in the next few days to help me keep an eye on that, built an exhaust system to replace the one that blew itself in half, its actually made out of 2 mufflers, the "tip" is actually a muffler off a harley davidson with a removable baffler... its pretty sweet

ive always loved how mean the chevy rallys make these trucks look if i ever get a 521 or 629 it will have chevy rallies on it

same here,

still in the process of cleaning them up, decided to go with a semi gloss black paint.

eventually i would like to get a set of the aluminum versions and have them powdercoated

• 1 year later...

its been a while since Ive been on, had a bunch of stuff going on since then. Was competing for a SEAL contract down in california for a bit, managed to make it out to an oldschool meet in Torrance and got some pictures taken of Lola sitting next to another 620. My father was diagnosed with a heart problem so I made my way back to washington to help out around the house while he recovered, he underwent surgery 2 days ago and is doing great.

Udates:

pulled the bed off, ground down the frame, repainted the frame with some rust reformer, resprayed the frame with bedliner and bought a 16 gallon fuel cell from summit to install.

and heres the pics to go with it!1015892_10151985510208356_1764642593_o.j

IMG_0224_zps1a864b48.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Willz, slick truck man. I was wondering if you could share the specs on that fuel cell? I have a bed mounted tank in my 620 and would really love to swap it out to a decent fuel cell. Does that cell have baffles or foam blocks to minimize sloshing?

• Like 1

Hey Willz, slick truck man. I was wondering if you could share the specs on that fuel cell? I have a bed mounted tank in my 620 and would really love to swap it out to a decent fuel cell. Does that cell have baffles or foam blocks to minimize sloshing?

this is the one i picked up off of summit, it looks rad.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-290108

The one I posted has the foam and the sending unit as well. For less than $200 its pretty awesome

The idea for the fuel cell originally came from the fact that I thought the tank had a leak. Low and behold when I ripped the tank out along with all its supporting beams, it turned out to be a cracked fuel line that was the culprit. I believe the tank that I got from summit is too large to fit in the original location and I had already cut out the supports for the spare tire so that I could install a lock box for my firearms. I do some competitive 3 gun shooting and tend to find myself at the range about once a week or more and wanted a safe built into the bed..... but now that area will be designated for the gassy stuff. All I have left to get her running again is to make and install fuel lines, find a way to mount the tank, fix the back of the cab and install a panel on the front of the bed and then she'll be ready to go! suspension is KYB gas-adjust shocks front and rear, 2" drop blocks in the rear with a new spring order (although i'm thinking about just taking the last one out to soften the ride) and the front torsion bars have been re-indexed, currently sitting ON the bump stops.... so i should probly hack those off haha

Haha, very nice. Thanks for sharing the link, Summit is right up the road from me :)

Your rig looks very nice. I have 3" blocks and torsions cranked down to sit on the bump stops, yet your's still looks lower. It might be that your tires fill the wheel wells more than the 185/50s and 205/55s I'm running. Kinda wish there was a legit reason to remove my bed... 620s look mean like that.

• Like 1

Haha, very nice. Thanks for sharing the link, Summit is right up the road from me :)

Your rig looks very nice. I have 3" blocks and torsions cranked down to sit on the bump stops, yet your's still looks lower. It might be that your tires fill the wheel wells more than the 185/50s and 205/55s I'm running. Kinda wish there was a legit reason to remove my bed... 620s look mean like that.

I almost considered running it "sans bed" but it takes away from the functionality of it being a truck. The wheels are steel chevy blazer 15x8's with a 205 55 r15 BF Goodyear g-force tires

so the truck is getting moved into the garage finally, Its been sitting under what seems to be a pine tree for the last 4 months collecting needle and sap... Ive been a bad datto owner. Plans for the build have been the same-ish since the beginning.

Build what I think would have been the era correct 620 GTR.

Body: original orange paint, side moulding holes filled in.

black fender flares, maybe bump up the steelies to some 15x10's

motor: franken block (maybe a 2.2?) carb turbo with a rebuild with some nice pistons and rods

suspension: coilovers and a 4link rear end.

• Like 1