I want to do a few inches of poke on my datsun 210 then flare it. Are spacers a safe idea? I hear mixed things on them. Also how do I keep my car from slamming down on the wheels? I ran really wide rims on my b210 and even with cherry suspension good cartridges and rear leafs I would slam the tires over bumps. Is there any way to fix this? Ride quality be damned for all I car. Would cutting springs on bad old shitty stock cartridges be a terrible idea? I assume bump stops do as the name implies?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a set of 25mm spacers if you want to go that route. I'm running a set on the rear of mine still, I switched to S13 front suspension which gave me about 2 inches more track width on the front so I have the extra ones from stock setup.

I've had no issues running thick spacers. You do have to take care when tightening them and the wheels to avoid vibrations. I.e. not centering the wheel on the studs.

I have a set of 25mm spacers if you want to go that route. I'm running a set on the rear of mine still, I switched to S13 front suspension which gave me about 2 inches more track width on the front so I have the extra ones from stock setup.

I've had no issues running thick spacers. You do have to take care when tightening them and the wheels to avoid vibrations. I.e. not centering the wheel on the studs.

What car was the s13 suspension swap done on and was it an easy swap? I might be interested but I'm more interested to how to prevent the car from slamming down on the wheels after they are past the body line