14in rims how wide and offset ????

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tire size??? .... suspension mods??? ....... . stock struts or 280zx??? ........ . sloted rear crossmember? Byron's brackets? .... or stock rear camber?

.... willingness to cut/hammer your car??? ....... . rolled fenders, pulled, or stock?

Sunken, tucked, Flush, Stanced, or Poked??? ..... :lol:

IMG_7996.jpg

14x7 +0 on 280zx struts ........ with 185/55/14 Federals ....... .. looks like stock rear camber:

And rolled rear lips.

Honestly, if you don't want to roll the rear fender lips, you need the weakest offset possible that won't hit the control arms. Something in the area of +15 or +20.

• 1 month later...

I have the same question. I have stock body, rolled fenders, 280zx front struts.

I want 14 inch rims to be as wide as I can get. I am looking for a flush stance without rubbing. What size width/offset do I need?

I have the same question. I have stock body, rolled fenders, 280zx front struts.

I want 14 inch rims to be as wide as I can get. I am looking for a flush stance without rubbing. What size width/offset do I need?

tire size??? .... suspension mods??? ....... . slotted rear crossmember? Byron's brackets? .... or stock rear camber?

.... willingness to cut/hammer your car??? ....... . rolled fenders, pulled, or stock?

Sunken, tucked, Flush, Stanced, or Poked??? ..... :lol:

IMG_7996.jpg

My current wheel setup is: 16x7 +22 Rota RB with 195/50/16

Suspension: Right now i have front coilovers on 280zx struts, stock rear camber but I will be slotting the rear cross member and be running coilovers.

Rolled fenders. Not willing to ruin paint.

Flush / Staggered ok

Is that James's old SR20DET white 2dr??? .... .... slotted or adjustable rear crossmember is a good idea with a SR20

but everyone's rear camber will be different ... .. and with 280zx struts you could probably only run reverse stagger (wider in the front)

.... .. You should wait till you adjust the rear camber to it's final setting,, , then try to decide on a 14" tire size

14's and a low ride height will not mix well with a front sump SR20 oil pan

How do I post pics from my Flickr album? I tried pasting the URL and it didn't allow it. Can I attach an image from my computer? How.

Post a URL link to your Flickr album??? ....... .. Share this image... "grab the HTML BB code" .... small medium large

<a href=

I did buy this car from James but it was in pieces and used to be red. I restored the whole car and do not have an SR20. I am running a Troy Ermish built L22 with dual Mikuni 44's.

I was going to replace the suspension with the Techno Toy Tuning setup with coilovers front and rear, also adjustable control arms, tc rods and camber plates in the front. Would you recommend slotting the rear or getting the adjustable brackets from FutoFab?

Thanks! So what size rim should I get. A guy I met ran 15x8 with 0 offset and was good so I think I can run 14x8 with 0 offset. Does that sound right?

No..... if you have a adjustable rear crossmemeber you will need higher offset rear wheels than front wheels

you will need anywhere from a 14x6 +20 to a 14x7 +10 depending on how much negative rear camber you run .. and tire size

,,, there are not many options for 14" tires .... the bigger the sidewall, the higher the offset needs to be

14x6 +18 195/60 on 510 struts (need spacers for 280zx struts) .. ...... rears: 14x7 +5 205/60 stock rear camber (horrible traction)

rusty1.jpg

14x7 +0 on 280zx struts ........ with 185/55/14 Federals ....... .. looks like stock rear camber,, bent in like mad:

Datsun.jpg

same 14x6 +18 and 14x7 +5 Enkeis..... but with WAY too small looking 195/45/14 Toyo T1R's

5932857148_29ccd53fab_o.jpg

To give you an idea of stock camber versus "fixed" camber

15x7 +0 Drags 195/45/15 Federals ...... Stock rear camber...... rubs on rolled rear fenders:

6321662538_f34334971d_b.jpg

15x7 +0 VTO's 195/50's ....... with the "Byron/futo-fab" style rear crossmemebr adjusters: .... . rubs on BRE bubble flares

ca20.jpg

If I get 14s does anyone know what offset and how wide can I go on a stock body without rubbing. Keepin mind I want to run the car low.

Not to be a jerk... But, better yet, what car? I'm assuming a 510 since everyone else is too.

Thanks INDY510. You know what I didn't even think about...... I have 4 wheel wilwood disc brakes, will I even be able to run 14's??

Depends. How big are they? :P

Also, some 14s fit better than others. a 14" Diamond steelie or something with a spun aluminum rim like a BBS RS has more brake clearance than a cast wheel .

Example: The monster Pathfinder brakes on my 1200. A 15x7 +0 cast aluminum wheel barely fits, but a 14x7 +0 Diamond steel wheel fits just fine.

• 2 months later...