The Blue gO_On build?

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for it not going past 40 sounds like maybe the clutch is slipping.

sputtering is one of two things that i can think of but it seems that you have been working on the carb.

so that leaves timing it sounds that your way too retarded and you need to advance some,

what is the idle speed in the vid?

It is an Automatic.

Haven't done timing yet,but need to.

• Like 1

Over exhaustion won't cause this. A power loss but not by that much.

Sounds like fuel delivery to me, a carb tune gave you 10-15 more mph. Rebuild or find a cheap webber

I have been trying to find a Webber...

No backfire, just a lot of sputter and acts like its not getting enough fuel...

Found out were moving Tuesday so will not be able to do any work on the car until then, But I will have some more help then and a Garage... B)

If it has points, check the gap and then check the timing. Sometimes it's the simplest thing.

Yes, It still has points...I already have it on the trailer ready for the move so I am going to check everything you guys suggested out once I settle into the new garage.
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah!!!!

I finally got a chance to work on the Goon with my dad, we checked out the points and one of the points welded itself together...So we went out and bought some new Points,and ther them in...Also the po said he put in new plugs,wires,points,rotor and cap. Well he did but he did a half ass job at everything <_<

he didn't gap the plugs or points at all,didn't have the plugs tightened down at all almost could get them off by hand...

Anyway we gaped the plugs and points,cleaned up the cap,rotor,and plugs, switched back to the stock coil and gave her a test drive. Drove great I have never gone past 40-45 in it so I finally got to check everything out at higher speeds.

Nothing happens now when I hit 40 it just keeps on going and real smooth too, drives real straight, I managed to get to about 70 and still drove pretty good.

All in all I am happy with it for now, Now time to get it registered so I can drive it... :cool:

Next plans are to Bleed my brakes,electronic ignition,lug nuts,Weber,finish the buffing and lower it all around...

Goon last night before the move...

IMG_06691-1.jpg

ipod001.jpg

IMG_06671.jpg

Its new home, Finally a garage!!!

ipod003.jpg

• Like 1

alot 510s are thrown to the dump cause PEOPLE they dont know point distributors.

Be honest beside all the other bling stuff you want to get on there Get a eleltronic ignition or a pertronix conversion.

Best money for under 100$.Get NGK wire set NE64

I havent bougt a dizzy cap in over 8 years. OR PLUG WIRES.

its the points or condensore or bushing wear that kills a point dizzy.

Run the stock hubcaps and lower it will be better looking. those hubcaps you got are the best ones to roll.

I like the white and blue... glad to see she has a good home now.

Thanks man, I like it to but the guy did a horrible job, up close it sucks haha, It has some rust chips and its not even finished but I am going to refinish it and do it right, Maybe rising sun the roof...

alot 510s are thrown to the dump cause PEOPLE they dont know point distributors.

Be honest beside all the other bling stuff you want to get on there Get a eleltronic ignition or a pertronix conversion.

Best money for under 100$.Get NGK wire set NE64

I havent bougt a dizzy cap in over 8 years. OR PLUG WIRES.

its the points or condensore or bushing wear that kills a point dizzy.

Run the stock hubcaps and lower it will be better looking. those hubcaps you got are the best ones to roll.

^^ I have been on the hunt for a electronic dizzy, but wanted to get it running right first before I did anything else...

I wanted to go back and forth between wheels, I love the hubcaps look too but I only have 2 of them :(

Nice work, keep it going!

Thanks man

Hey, you moved closer to me!

Yeah, Back in my Home Town.
  • 1 month later...

No big updates really. Have been enjoying the goon lately until this happened...It doesn't show up as bad in the pics.

I was at the store and some ASS hit my passenger fender and left a pretty decent dent and a little warp towards the bottom. It just pisses me off that he/she didn't wait for me to come out or even left a note with a #.My wagon isn't perfect but still gives them no right to just leave...Needed to vent,some people piss me off.

018.jpg

019.jpg

On another note I mounted my wheels a little while back,installed a wink mirror, and my front bumper. I love how my wagon looks when the rear is loaded up!

026.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

023.jpg

020.jpg

Agreed 100%. Nothing is sexier than a wagon draggin her ass..... Sorry bout the dent I guess we are both on the hunt for MInt passenger fenders..

Favorite color combo on a goon ....... Like the wheels too , 14's?

Agreed 100%. Nothing is sexier than a wagon draggin her ass..... Sorry bout the dent I guess we are both on the hunt for MInt passenger fenders..

Favorite color combo on a goon ....... Like the wheels too , 14's?

Yes 14's.I am gonna try and pop it out and go from there.

That's so lame.. I park at the very back of the parking lot away from EVERYONE for that very reason.. people are getting less considerate by the day.

On a brighter note, those wheels look bitchen' on her :)

Yes very lame.I am thinking smaller tires though...
  • 1 month later...

Not much of an update. I gave her a bath today and popped the dent out a little bit,needs some more work.

I just ordered a package should be here soon :w00t:,it'll give you a hint of whats in store for this wagoon.

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

I got the package! A 68 rear bumper!

004.jpg

I ordered this thinking it was a 68 rear bumper. But now that I have it I am thinking it is from something else. Reason being is that the side pieces of the bumper that go around the quarters are detachable (Basically a 3 piece bumper), Are 68 bumpers this way? or are they one piece like normal 510 bumpers? Also the side pieces are kinda flat almost a square shape. It also has these smaller than regular 510 over riders, I like them better. What did these usually come on?

I have to go get some hardware so I can mount this up.

Here's some crappy cell phone pics,will get better ones when I install it.

006-1.jpg

009.jpg

007-1.jpg

Here are the detachable side pieces.

005-1.jpg

011.jpg

On the bumper.

008.jpg

I really like these skinnier style Bumper over riders.

013.jpg

I hope you didn't end up with a roadster bumper that won't fit. I saw on ebay or craigslist ( I can't remember) some guy was selling roadster bumpers as 510 bumpers. If this one fits the wagon maybe it's an old aftermarket crash part?

After some research I believe it is a sedan bumper that has been modified with wagon brackets. I got it from another member on here. I held it up to my wagon and It will definitely bolt up once I get hardware.
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally tackled my rear brake leak today with Eric (Rustina510). Pulled the line off the passenger side and it had a crack down it pretty bad. Replaced that line and now its 10x better than before just have to adjust the shoes a little bit. I used to have to pump it 3 or 4 times, Now it stops on a dime.

No more filling the master up every 20 minutes :lol:

Eric bent the line for me :thumbup:

IMG_0907.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Big update for draynor, flipped the rear spring and put on 1" drop blocks on the rear., dropped it so low we had to use stock rims tell we can get a little roll on the rear fenders. I'll take some pics today with my phone camera that everyone loves so much :)

His brake master cylinder is going out so he Is in the works for zx upgrade items.

And he is on his way over again today so we can cut the front springs a little to even out the car, its on a Baja pre runner lift right now with the rear dropped and the front at stock height

Overall his car is making some fast improvements on both looks and drivability, so great going Derek.

Lol he has been usin my garage more than I have lately!!!!

So haven't got a chance to lower the front end yet, but will get there.Lowered the back by flipping the bottom leaf and 1" blocks. Cut all the bump stops about an inch and cut some relief cuts and rolled the fenders.I was browsing craigslist list a couple days ago and found 2 Enkei Apache wheels 14x7 for $50 couldn't pass em up. They are gonna look bitchin on the wagon once I find the other two...

Picked up another brake master should have that on tomorrow!

Anyway here are the pics,Looks so much better in the back.

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

Relief Cuts!

IMG_0928.jpg

Enkei's!

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg