The Blue gO_On build?

I found a goon for sale on craigslist in Seattle, Called the guy up and headed up to Seattle the next day (Yesterday). It was a 4 hour drive each way plus pulling a trailer in the snow ughhh.The guy told me there was a battery in the car and it needed to be jumped, so I thought ok ill bring some jumper cables and jump it, well no, There was no battery in the car, and it just made everything a hassle, had to take the battery out of his moms blazer, which was dead to, had charge it,People piss me off.Also there is a hole in the gas tank, so it didn't hold very much gas. I managed to get it started and idle until it ran out of gas.Checked everything out, and it met my low standards.

Got the car on the trailer and brought it home. Got a couple thumbs up on the way home biggrin.gif.

The car is decent, definitaley needs work, but has potential.Almost perfect dash, one crack. There is some rust. There is a little in the quarter panels,drivers fender,and the rest is surface. Everything is there besides front carpet. The interior panels are in great shape, back seat is pretty good too. No rear hatch panel.It has brand new shocks. there is no front bumper but included the rear bumper. all in all it is a good start. I have take care of a couple burnt lights,gas tank,wiper motor etc.

It also came with some extra parts. l18 (Blown Head gasket),280zx struts and brakes,auto trans, original front seats, and some more little misc items. Also has Elcomino seats in it.

My plans are to get it at DD status, lower it on some meshies, and just drive it. Fix all the little shit as time goes...

If you wanna know how much I paid for it, All I can tell you is the extra parts that came with it are almost worth more then I payed...

Here are the Pics! There is more on my photobucket: http://s1101.photobu...!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0507-1.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg
Elcomino Seats
IMG_0488.jpg

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats!! More and more I'm liking this color. I had some paint mixed so if you need a code for it, let me know.

Will do thanks, I am probably not going to throw paint on it for a while though...

Nice job! There is a goon (or there was) at Howards wrecking yard in Underwood(across the bridge) he opened today (closes for the winter)

Warning! he is not cheap, but if you smooze him and don't dick him around he can be alright. Rory

ill have to check that out, Thanks for the info!

• 5 weeks later...

I Have been a little busy lately, wasnt able to get that much work done on the goon. But I got some stuff done within the last couple weeks.

I got the rust free fuel tank in, Put in a black rear seat and some Nissan seat belts I got out of a 510,Buffed the paint a little bit, and got some new shoes.

IMG_05611.jpg

IMG_05891.jpg

IMG_05911.jpg

IMG_05921.jpg

got a steal on these ($100) about 60-70 tread

IMG_05901.jpg

Also I got the goon running since I got the new fuel tank in, and I ran into a problem... :confused:

When I am driving The car will not go over 30mph and once you hit 30 it starts trying to slow its self down and sputtering. It does perfect if your going under 30.

Anybody know what this could be? What should I try to look for or do to figure out what is the problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Explain. Goes crazy how. If you step in the gas at 30, does the motor rev but you don't go any faster?

Does the motor refuse to get to higher Rpm even in neutral?

Any noises at the top speed it's currently running at? Clunk, valve clap?

My uncle cam by and adjusted the Carb a little bit so now it goes about 40-45mph...

So when your driving it will feel fine then once you hit 40 the pedal will go to the floor and you can here the exhaust just sputtering out like it wants to go but its not getting any more power...and it sounds like its wanting to go faster but can't...

The motor goes but just feels like its trying to hard to get to and past 40...

No significant noises just like a big sputter or chug...

Also the PO installed a shitty dual exhaust and someone told me I could not be getting enough back pressure cause of this...

I am moving to Portland soon, So I will be able to put it in my dads garage and he can help me get things figured out...

for it not going past 40 sounds like maybe the clutch is slipping.

sputtering is one of two things that i can think of but it seems that you have been working on the carb.

so that leaves timing it sounds that your way too retarded and you need to advance some,

what is the idle speed in the vid?