Project 5Teeezy.........A Pharaoh's 510.....

Busta Nut

After finding the leak.........I decided to finish up the wiring.

I was pressed for time AND my camera battery died so a lot of progress did not get oiced.

All the alternator wiring, wiring the electronic ignition, wiring the starter, cleaning the fuse box, installing & routing the fuel system, making the battery cables......and everything else you didn't see in oics.

IMG_3823_zpsa1b834eb.jpg

This is where I left her last night.......

IMG_3826_zpscf4c2c71.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Found some pics of the radiator install.....I bought a Champion radiator for it was cheaper than getting my OG one re-cored.

It was NOT a bolt-in fit like I was told......spacers had to be made........fan shroud does not fit correctly either.

IMG_3806_zps74f9c6a3.jpg

IMG_3805_zpsd63e4509.jpg

IMG_3804_zps45328398.jpg

IMG_3803_zps7fdffd63.jpg

This morning I jetted the carbs and hooked up the linkage........put 5 gallons of 91 in her and left her on the Fast 420.

The only thing left for the carbs is the throttle linkage.....haven't even given it thought yet.

IMG_3827_zpsfec69647.jpg

IMG_3830_zpsbcd4aea7.jpg

IMG_3828_zps1bb03ee8.jpg

IMG_3829_zpsf5434209.jpg

I was thinking you left fast for the 420  :w00t:  :w00t:

not quite the same 

our club leader dave witt had the same problem with that radiator although it does cool good 

do a throttle cable if  you can  Lokar is the best dont buy Mr gasket cable shit it is SHIT 

• Like 1

Those Lokar kits look pretty cool......unfortunately I don't think I can get one before Canby.

I'll have to rig something up.......

I might have to run up there with a sway bar either, though....found the sway bar...found the endlinks and bushings....but no sway bar brackets and bushings.....

.........NO idea where they could be :confused: ......of all the things I could've miss placed.....I guess that's not the worst.

Might be askin someone to bring me a set to Canby if I don't find mine. :rolleyes:

Forgot to mention.........

After I got all the connectors plugged in.....hooked up the battery......and pulled the headlight switch.

I got chills seeing her open those eyes.......I fell in love all over again!! :wub:

All my lights work!!!     With the exception of reverse......(I need a switch for the trans....someone cut the wires flush).

• Like 1

Went to the shop for a minute after I put the kids to bed last night.

I wanted to make sure the coil had power...................no power at the black/blue wire on the + side.

I thought the coil wire is supposed to be black/yellow.....there is no wire that color anywhere near that side of the engine.

Heading back this a.m. to continue the pursuit for happiness!!!

• Like 1

After I got all the connectors plugged in.....hooked up the battery......and pulled the headlight switch.

I got chills seeing her open those eyes.......I fell in love all over again!! :wub:

thats exactly how i felt when i got my Karmann Ghia driving again(couple days ago)

i feel the love!

• Like 1

OH GOD SHE"S ALIVE!!!!!!!! :w00t:  :w00t:

Took the kids to the shop for a few hours and just got back.

She is running!!!!......needs all the fine tuning now.

This space for video..

• Like 6

The coil wire should be thicker than most and is usually Black/white ... ... black with a white stripe

The thicker Black/yellow is the starter motor wire

Thanx Indy!! I figured it out......obviously.

• Like 1

While at the shop today....even my daughter got in on this.... :thumbup:

She helped me make a ground cable and pounded my dust caps on......start'em young!!

IMG_3844_zps65875ba6.jpg

IMG_3841_zps4b0ec576.jpg

IMG_3842_zpsfb048d26.jpg

IMG_3843_zps27505bbf.jpg

IMG_3857_zps376c5323.jpg

........BEST DAUGHTER EVER!!!!! :wub:

• Like 6

Kendall got to work right away.........and after breifly sanding the trunk.......she found a dead guy in it.......

IMG_3730_zps6eecd42b.jpg

Yo that looks like the Misfits face Cool

Your build looks great, keep up the good work, your almost there :thumbup:

Dude that's so sweet, I gotta get my lil girl to do that too but im afraid her moms turned her into a girly girl already :sleep:

I brought her to the shop cause she likes to ride her bike around the obstacles.....yesterday she was very curious about what I was doing so I showed her.

She makes daddy so proud!!

• Like 2

Last night I MacGuyvered the throttle linkage and made and installed the clutch slave line.

...........my senior quote couldn't be more true these days.....

"If it weren't for the last minute........nothing would get done."

• Like 1

I brought her to the shop cause she likes to ride her bike around the obstacles.....yesterday she was very curious about what I was doing so I showed her.

She makes daddy so proud!!

That's awesome dude, my daughter doesn't have to be a gear head but at least know the basics when it comes to cars and repairs, she's in her " I want to ride in daddys car & go faster" stage lol !!!

That's awesome dude, my daughter doesn't have to be a gear head but at least know the basics when it comes to cars and repairs, she's in her " I want to ride in daddys car & go faster" stage lol !!!

That's great!!

My daughter misses the Z.....she used to get excited cause she could sit in the front seat, it was low and loud.....

....now she want to work on it so we can drive it again......I told her the 510 is gonna be our new fun car so her brother can ride with us.

She's not as excited because she doesn't get to ride up front but she is looking forward to not having a shoulder belt.......the things they get excited about :lol:

Started up and pulled her out to the front lot this a.m.

Ran like shit.....fine tuning tonight......exhaust tomorrow..(guided everything with the DMV goes as planned)

Here she is now....

image-1_zpsaf326be9.jpeg

Needs moar low in the rear....

• Like 1