Project 5Teeezy.........A Pharaoh's 510.....

Busta Nut

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well......ran into a couple obstacles yesterday on day 1 of assembly.

They sent me the wrong flywheel....damn you 6 bolt pattern!!..........

My RF caliper is completely seized, and as I had suspected....my brake booster doesn't fit......That's crap. 

Had to make some calls and ended up at Ranman's crib on the late night where he set me up with a stock flywheel and the plate for the firewall to convert back to manual brakes.

Thx a ton!!

Skyblue is hookin me up with a spare caliper.......hopefully that one is good.

Off to the shop I go..............

I have lots to update and will do so later......

....right now I'm having an issue with the EE crossmember.  :confused:

I was under the assumption that the trans needed to be lowered 1" for proper alignment of the driveshaft. When I tried to put the EE member in, it's pushing it up higher than with the stock auto trans member and the header is hitting the floor. I've seen 510's with the floor smashed in in that area where the header is hitting.....but I thought that was because of a cheap header.....this one is from Nismo. 

IMG_3772_zps5fd23e2b.jpg

IMG_3774_zps79e0f260.jpg

IMG_3776_zps36f66b91.jpg

IMG_3777_zps4d979cd4.jpg

IMG_3778_zps324ce753.jpg

Does anyone have pics of how high it supposed to stick up in the car?? 

Maybe I'm doing something wrong that someone could point out??

That all looks correct on the trans side. Did you use the right motor mount brackets, and motor mounts? I'm not sure whats going on there. Email EE, or carter b.  IDK anything about the header man.

You sure did cut close to that brake line :lol:

I had to heat and bent my header but I thought it was because it was an L20b  I had two headers to choose from and one had more drop so that is the one I used and still had to heat and bend it 

Maybe space the EE down to clear header and check drive shaft angle 

Yeah the header clearance might be different. L16 and 18 blocks same height, L20 a little taller.  What motor did you go with again? I forgot.

Spacers could be used for that EE, but isn't that more of a bandaid? its supposed to be bolt on and correct angle.

It's an L16 bored to an L18...

I thought the EE member was supposed to eliminate the use of spacers and have clearance for exhaust.....that was the reason I bought it.....but it looks like I still need a 1" spacer.

That IS its exact purpose. Banana just installed this a week or two back. It should be a direct hit.  So a rebuilt L16, cool. Again did you use right motor mounts / motor mount brackets that bolt to the motor? Just curious, sorry if I missed it.  (they all look alike so its easy to get them mixed up)

Banana's installed

Track051013retry1005_zps9a9dd84f.jpg

I would have to crawl under mine to measure how far the trans sits from my trans tunnel to give you what about it should be.  If the motor sat to low, and you bolted this in, it would case the angle to be off. But thats probably not the issue, I don't know what yours is just trying to halp.

I have Nissan MM....Nissan tranny mount....It actually sits lower with the stock mount bolted in and the tranny resting on it.

This one doesn't come close to bolting right up......

.......it was also almost 10pm when I tried this.....got to the shop at 7am that morn.

I have no idea what is going on :confused:  :no: .........I need to get back to the shop.

Gotcha, well if it looks like a straight shot from your crank bolt to your rear diff then its probably not the motor mounts anyways. 

Did you try emailing EE?  I have carters number I can text him if you want. He doesn't sell the mounts anymore someone else at EE does or something like that.

OK.......just got back from the shop........got it figured out.

I didn't realize it had to sit up that high....all the talk of dropping the stock member 1" threw me off.........all the pics helped a lot.

It really wasn't that difficult.....I guess I was just too tired.

First............I had the mount on backwards......it does have a slight angle to it.

Second...........The tranny jack was hitting the header pushing it out a little.

Moved the tranny jack out and used a stand instead.

IMG_3785_zps2a2d9964.jpg

It sits so high it hits the tunnel..........I'll probably just give it a few wacks.

Header still hits but just barely............maybe I bend.....maybe I bang.......not sure yet.

IMG_3787_zps057ff583.jpg

IMG_3788_zps443bf300.jpg

IMG_3789_zps4530ff76.jpg

IMG_3790_zpsedb99f80.jpg

IMG_3791_zps7426dc82.jpg

• Like 1

I love headers on a built motor but F---in headers always hit the floor how is the height compared to mine 

also stock crossmember with spacers and different tranny mount = ? compared to EE crosmember and z tranny mount 

my 72 510 I spaced the stock crossmember but my 68 when I tried pushed the motor mounts about an inch forward so I did the EE one and love it 

I love headers on a built motor but F---in headers always hit the floor how is the height compared to mine 

also stock crossmember with spacers and different tranny mount = ? compared to EE crosmember and z tranny mount 

my 72 510 I spaced the stock crossmember but my 68 when I tried pushed the motor mounts about an inch forward so I did the EE one and love it 

Forgot to actually measure...I'll put a ruler to it in the a.m.

The EE member is well worth it :thumbup:

interesting dead guy 

you did a good job of capturing that image 

now kill him off and get er done 

she looks wide awake today 

We're keeping the dead guy.........somehow......

Haha....ya, she was beat the other day..............she's not used to this manual labor stuff.

Fuh yea! Glad that shit bolted up. Sorry couldn't help yesterday. But you know it is with new boo's.

Damn dude!!.......you're up early!!.........or you never went to sleep :sneaky: Eeh??

Oh believe me....I know how it is.