Project 5Teeezy.........A Pharaoh's 510.....

Busta Nut

Fyi.

From experience.....

Google the dime quarterly. Volume 9 issue 2. In there is the dimensions you need for the 1" spacers. You can take that auto trans isolator off your auto, and put it on the dogleg or whatever it is you used. You need to flip the automatic xmember backwards.

The bodyside dimensions on the brackets in the dime quarterly are correct.  However, the xmember sides are wrong. What I did was drill and slot the body sides of the brackets, bolt them on, raise the xmember up and center it. Then mark where the holes need to be, and drill them in the xmember brackets.

All you need is two 1"in tall x 3" wide rectangle tubing, 6 inches long. Then some little studs, nuts, lock washers, and washers. Good to go!  Only takes about an hour. DONT do what I did and use 7/8th inch studs. They are to fucking big, and by that, I mean way to fucking big. You will have the most difficult time installing the cross member. you don't need giant studs, neither long nor thick (lulz).  Should only cost you 20 or under in cost.  I failed and bought 7/8ths inch unobitanium studs that were 6 bucks a piece and apparently made so tuff that even jebus couldn't break them. 

IMAG0222_zpsff05f007.jpg
FB_IMG_13681484615884849_zps451a9198.jpg

That's what they look like... Then mount to body, mark, drill, install, done forever.

And to those questioning, YES.. the automatic driveline is the right size if you go from automatic to dogleg trans.  ZX or others will need a shorter DL.

the VG30.com or EE crossmember will require a Z trans isolator / mount or whatever you may call it. Its a one bolt design on the xmember side vs the two bolt. 

Rockauto has them cheap, but in a time crunch local would be better.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can see how the mount is flipped.  You put the rear bolt in the body first, then put the bracket on (slot goes into bolt you just put in body)...  Then you install other bolt. Wrench them down nice and snug...

here's a pic.  If you want more info, PM me. don't wanna hijack to much. Dude bought a EE mount so he doesn't need all this jazz in his thread :lol:

IMAG0278_zpsf0b23451.jpg

I just installed a Extreme Engineering crossmember in my 71 yesterday and it fit fine,, if your in doubt , measure from the bulge in the first circle under seat ( picture ) to bolt .. If it is 10 inchs (about 10 1/8th+ to center)  your good,,  the member is slotted so it doesn`t HAVE to be exactly 10 inches..

Bulge

Track051013retry1003_zps10ba9da3.jpg

my member i just put in.

Track051013retry1005_zps9a9dd84f.jpg

The Z trans mount was bolted to trans like i mounted it but not sure which way it was supposed to point

• Like 1

I want that cross member. just has no fundage for that. so much other shit to take care of first.

Yeah, i bought to make the job easier,, and it did,,   i saved on shipping cuz i was going through South park anyways.

I just installed a Extreme Engineering crossmember in my 71 yesterday and it fit fine,, if your in doubt , measure from the bulge in the first circle under seat ( picture ) to bolt .. If it is 10 inchs (about 10 1/8th+ to center)  your good,,  the member is slotted so it doesn`t HAVE to be exactly 10 inches..

Bulge

Track051013retry1003_zps10ba9da3.jpg

my member i just put in.

Track051013retry1005_zps9a9dd84f.jpg

The Z trans mount was bolted to trans like i mounted it but not sure which way it was supposed to point

thats the same thick member I have it works great 

and it fits perfect 

got some oics of a little work being done on 5teezy.

the boo doing work

null_zps1e4f5c12.jpg

Balls deep in that bitch

null_zps61d21817.jpg

I dont see any rattle cans and I hope that jack doesn't fail 

No problem.

Have you swapped pedals yet?

I have....oics on page 4

don't wanna hijack to much. Dude bought a EE mount so he doesn't need all this jazz in his thread :lol:

Don't worry about the highjack.......even though I'm not going that route....I"m a whore for info......and I learn better from pics too!!

X- member should be here Friday!

Key word there is "should"........one can only hope

I dont see any rattle cans and I hope that jack doesn't fail 

No cans yet.......lots of prep to do.

It didn't.....there was a stand there....you just can't see it.

Cool

I just went thru this, so I didn't read all your stuff. But if you remove the gas pedal from the floor, you can see a third dimple to the right. Drill that out, screw the gas pedal to the new hole, and one previous old hole. Then you can either bend the gas pedal rod, or find one from a manual car... Easy peasy.

Nothing too exciting to update........foot's fractured so progress is limited.......I'm not one of those people that can sit still.....

.....so I grabbed my booster spacer and decided to try my polishing skills.

Hope this wasn't important...........

IMG_3669_zps176611ef.jpg

IMG_3671_zpsa6343920.jpg

IMG_3673_zps6bc41604.jpg

Picked up my Alt bracket yesterday morning.

I had it drilled all the way through because the threads were wasted.....heli-coiled......then wasted again.......some people :no:

Torque spec:

Tighten until it starts to strip then back off 1/2 turn...........WTF??!!

IMG_3700_zpsa39f7298.jpg

IMG_3701_zps0a40402e.jpg