A friend in need.

cheeks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A friend to san diego mini truckers was injured yesterday pretty bad. He does not have medical insurance. Here is what happened from the guy that was with him,OMAR AND I WERE HELPING ONE OF MY NEIGHBORS GET HIS '64 GMC RUNNING. THE MOTOR BACKFIRED AND FUEL STARTED A FIRE AND IT GOT ON OMAR. I GRABBED THE WATER HOSE AND SPRAYED HIM LIKE THERE WAS NO LIMIT TO WATER. HE GOT PRETTY BAD BURNS, (3RD DEGREE) ON HIS LEFT ARM, SHOULDER, NECK AND EAR, AND HIS RIGHT HAND...

So like I said there will be a car wash to help with the medical exspenses, he is still in the hospital now.

The car wash for Omar will be Sat. April,26 2008 at The Central Assembly of God. The address is 470 N. Mollison, El Cajon, Ca, 92021.

If you would like to send a check please make it payable to omar aramburo, please send checks to

6120 Fauna Dr

San Diego CA

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the guys up north just so you know this happened here in San diego. Omar is a super nice guy & a friend of mine He has lots of friends willing to help out in any way. Hes also a Datsun guy @ heart. Cheeks you know ill be there to help out & can bring car wash supplies if need be.

omar is a super guy and a very good friend, he would not hesitate to help any one at any time, he also is and was a fellow datto dude as pac and steroid and i can atest to,if it is within your means please help out, he has a family also, i talked to his best friend taylor, who is my brother from another mother, he is pretty badly burned taylor called me from the hospital monday eve, omar was sedated but he was still in alot of pain..these guys are like family to me as i have known them for several years, so if u can go, go to the car wash this weekend, also if possible make a donation to him for medical bills, this is the time to show our support to a fello datto brother, go get your vehicle washed and do lift omar and his family up in your prayers..:) god bless everyone..

all help is very appeciated , i pray that this weekend is a good one for donations at the car wash, mark if possible how about some pictures of the car wash, i here that there will be a few differant truck clubs showing up to get washed, omar has more friends than he knows about, at least thats what i have heard from taylor..all my prayers to omar and family, and i'll be gettin off some funds also:)

Not trying to preach, Ijust remember last April 18th I was drilling out a hub when the huge drill press I was working on decided to grab the part I was foolishly holding and it took my thumb about 60% of the way off. I had a 1300.00 plus hospital bill in the matter of 3 hours that I spent there. It was a time when all of the money was being poored into inventory and I was taking a few hundred a month home. Community care stepped in and covered about half of it and I was very relieved. We can all sacrifice a couple of cans of pop or something to help out one in need. If it happens to you, I'll do the same again.

The carwash was a HUGE success!! Over $2000 was raised to help Omar out with bills & such. I only stayed 4 hours [had to work] & we had 3 or 4 cars being washed at the same time all day! One club [Concrete deep] came down from Riverside [2 hour drive] to help out too. It was a special day for sure. Everybody there helping knows each other & everything went great! To those who were able to donate & big thanks to you!!! Heres a few pics...

DSC00791.jpg

DSC00795.jpg

DSC00801.jpg

DSC00799.jpg

DSC00798.jpg

DSC00802.jpg

DSC00793.jpg

DSC00800.jpg

DSC00810.jpg

DSC00809.jpg

DSC00808.jpg

I want that old Suburban...And you can tell you buddy I dig that Tandem Hardbody...I almost bought an Mazda tadem a few years back. But it need some work and wanted way to much....I always thought that was a cool style...I m so old school, not quite as old school as Steroid but Late 80s old school.....Kudos for your support for a friend in need....

i talked to taylor yesterday and today(monday), omar is doing better, but as he said on a scale of 1 - 10, his pain is a 45.. he will have to have skin grafts, but we all kind of figured that, the car wash was a great success, i have all ready sent off my donation, i hope all the rest of u can to..as mark and i stated, even thou omar is'nt yet a member of ratsun, he is a die hard datsun fan..my thanks and prayers go out to all that can and could help, people thank you on behalf of a very good friend, mark thanks for all your help and support and the pictures, taylor also told me that people were just giving donations and not even getting vehicles washed..thats fantastic..:D

Guest jaimesix
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A friend to san diego mini truckers was injured yesterday pretty bad. He does not have medical insurance. Here is what happened from the guy that was with him,OMAR AND I WERE HELPING ONE OF MY NEIGHBORS GET HIS '64 GMC RUNNING. THE MOTOR BACKFIRED AND FUEL STARTED A FIRE AND IT GOT ON OMAR. I GRABBED THE WATER HOSE AND SPRAYED HIM LIKE THERE WAS NO LIMIT TO WATER. HE GOT PRETTY BAD BURNS, (3RD DEGREE) ON HIS LEFT ARM, SHOULDER, NECK AND EAR, AND HIS RIGHT HAND...

So like I said there will be a car wash to help with the medical exspenses, he is still in the hospital now.

The car wash for Omar will be Sat. April,26 2008 at The Central Assembly of God. The address is 470 N. Mollison, El Cajon, Ca, 92021.

If you would like to send a check please make it payable to omar aramburo, please send checks to

6120 Fauna Dr

San Diego CA

I just read this thread. Sorry about the accident. I will send a check to said address.

Next big event ( Datsun ) in Temecula would be a good time to get some donations. The easiest way to have donations sent is with a bank account number.

Hope your friend recovers soon.

Jaime.________________________________________________________

Thanks Jaime. I should be at the Murietta show [the 18th]. Look forward to meeting/thanking you for helping out. Omar did have sugery/skin grafts yesterday but overall is in good spirits. If you know him it's normal for him to always be in a good mood :D